Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

How can I upgrade my Intel (R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V driver?

orebe
Beginner

Hello friends, I have an Intel (R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V but it has stopped working. I had to connect an Realtek external adaptor. In my attemp to update the driver i recieved the information that the current version doesn't support upgrade and i would have to uninstall the current version

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Go into Apps & Features and uninstall the current packages and then start the install of the new packages. Note I said plural; do not forget that there are two packages to worry about, one for the Wireless drivers and one for the Bluetooth drivers. These need to be done at the same time because they share components. It has been recommended that when installing from scratch (i.e. not upgrade), it is best if the Bluetooth package is installed first and the Wireless package second.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
orebe
Beginner

Thanks Scott but could you indicate the link for these two packages to install?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Oops, brain fart, I was talking about the Wireless drivers, not the wired drivers; that's a single package, available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=36773

...S

0 Kudos
orebe
Beginner

Ok Scott. I already tried to uninstall the I218-V but it is impossible !!!! Every time I restart the computer it reappears !! I see that many people have this problem with Intel's on-board network adapter and no one can solve it. Everyone is required to use an external adapter as I did. What happens?

How to make? helpe me

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, that's Windows Update getting in the way. Disconnect the PC from the Internet while going through this process.​ Unllug the Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless.

...S

0 Kudos
orebe
Beginner

Did not work. I tried several alternatives and I couldn't

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Use this process:

1. If you haven't already, download package from Intel Download Center.
  2. Disconnect system from Internet. Unplug the Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless.
  3. From Apps & Features Settings applet, uninstall the Intel Network Connections package.
  4. Reboot, keeping system disconnected from Internet.
  5. Install the new package downloaded earlier.
  6. Reboot.
  7. Reconnect Internet.
  8. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos