Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4868 Discussions

How can i enable SR-IOV for the "Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller 10G X550T (rev 01)" in CentOS?

YATINDRA_S_Intel
Employee

I have NICs of type "Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection X722 for 10GBASE-T (rev 03)" and "Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller 10G X550T (rev 01)" in a server Intel Purely S Motherboard S2600WFD . Although SR-IOV is enabled in BIOS I have sriov VFs entries for the first type, but not for the second.

The card detail from o/p of command lshw -class network is like:

description: Ethernet interface

product: Ethernet Controller 10G X550T

vendor: Intel Corporation

physical id: 0

bus info: pci@0000:86:00.0

logical name: enp134s0f0

version: 01

serial: xxxxxxxxx

size: 1Gbit/s

capacity: 10Gbit/s

width: 64 bits

clock: 33MHz

capabilities: bus_master cap_list rom ethernet physical tp 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd 10000bt-fd autonegotiation

configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=ixgbe driverversion=5.5.5 duplex=full firmware=0x80000483, 17.5.9 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=1Gbit/s

resources: irq:298 memory:d3c00000-d3ffffff memory:d4004000-d4007fff memory:d4200000-d427ffff

*-network:1 DISABLED

and o/p of ethtool -i

controller-0:~$ ethtool -i enp134s0f0

driver: ixgbe

version: 5.5.5

firmware-version: 0x80000483, 17.5.9

expansion-rom-version:

bus-info: 0000:86:00.0

supports-statistics: yes

supports-test: yes

supports-eeprom-access: yes

supports-register-dump: yes

supports-priv-flags: yes

Can you tell me what could be reason, and what should I do? or it has supplier specific things?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello YSHAS,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you share if the Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller 10G X550T (rev 01) is embedded on the server board S2600WF or is it a PCIe Ethernet card? 

Please also confirm if you have already tried the suggestions from the forum link below that you have mentioned?

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004EtnOUSAZ/how-can-i-enable-sriov-for-the-intelr-ethernet-10g-2p-x550t-adapter-in-linux

We look forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
YATINDRA_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It isPCIe Ethernet card.

I have tried solution mentioned on the link and have commented on that Link as well. Surprising for me is that, on Board ethernet card works for SR-IOV but not this PCIe NIC card.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello YSHAS,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you share the PBA and serial number of the Ethernet adapter? You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing the photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will do as well for us to double check on it. The PBA is consist of 6-digit number located at the last part of the serial number, it could help us identify if it is Retail or OEM version on Intel Ethernet adapter.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

We hope to hear from you soon.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello YSHAS,

Good day!

Please provide the requested additional information for us to continue to check on your request.

Awaiting to your response.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello YSHAS,

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos