Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

How do i configure to internal PHY mode of i210 NIC? Also in general how do i change modes in i210?

CBASU
Beginner

Question is based on reference from the i210 data sheet from section 3.7.7.4 EEE Link Level (LLDP) Capabilities Discovery which said :

"When operating in internal PHY mode (CTRL_EXT.LINK_MODE = 00b), the I210 supports LLDP negotiation via software"

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Greetings CBASU,

Thank you for posting on our Intel Ethernet Community.

For us further assist you, please confirm if the I210 is an Ethernet controller integrated on the system or discreet adapter?

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CBASU
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

I have a discrete adapter. I have few more questions.

1. Can ptp be launched automatically for synchronization when we connect the i210 with another device supporting 802.1AS?
  2. How do i enable the Qav mode in i210?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hello CBASU,

This is just a follow up on the case we are currently working. May I know if you can provide the information we are requesting from last response?

Please let me know if you have other questions. In case we don't receive a reply, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Sincerely,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hi CBASU,

Thank you for your response and confirming that you are using a discreet adapter. We need to further check your concern and will update you as soon as possible.

Since we need more time on checking your concern. Is it alright if I will make an update on Mar 2? In case we do not hear from you, we will make an update on my proposed date.

Sincerely,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CBASU
Beginner

Thats fine Carlos, please take your time. Your support will be invaluable for me.

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hi CBASU,

For our records, please share the Operating System involved in the setup.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CBASU
Beginner

OS used Ubuntu 18.04, Kernel version: 5.4.13,

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Greetings CBASU,

Thank you for providing the information. We need to further check your concern. Rest assured that we will keep you updated as soon as possible.

Is it alright if I make an update on or before Mar 6? If we don't receive a reply, I'll follow up on my proposed date.

Sincerely,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hello CBASU,

Please refer the link below. This site contains information regarding PTP implementation on Linux platform.

http://linuxptp.sourceforge.net/

For further inquiries related to Linux PTP, you may submit it through the mailing list.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxptp/lists/linuxptp-users

We hope that the above information helps. Let us know if you have additional questions and clarification on this matter

Sincerely,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hi CBASU,

This is just a follow up for this case. We still haven’t received your response from my previous messages. Please let us know if you have other questions and concerns.

We will make a follow-up after 3 business days. Please advise us if you need more time or you have a preferred follow-up date and time.

Sincerely,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Greetings CBASU,

Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos