Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

How to configure VLAN tagging for I217-LM on Windows 10 ?

BDupa
Beginner

I upgraded form Windows 7 to Windows 10 and i can't configure VLAN tagging on my I217-LM NIC anymore. I installed intel NAS 23.5 but still no VLAN configuration menu.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bdupa, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Is the issue only when setting up VLANs? Are you able to see any of the tabs in device properties of device manager included in the ANS drivers? Was this after an update to Windows 10 RS5, and did you have existing VLANs configured that were removed? Please provide a system support utility log, so we can see which drivers and configurations are set for this adapter. 1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 2- Open SSU.exe 3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". 4- When finished scanning, click "Next". 5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
BDupa
Beginner

Hello daniel.d_Intel,

Thank you for your answer.

Is the issue only when setting up VLANs?

As far as i know, the issue is only when setting up VLANs.

Are you able to see any of the tabs in device properties of device manager included in the ANS drivers?

Here is an image of tabs i have :

Propriétés de _ Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM.png

Was this after an update to Windows 10 RS5, and did you have existing VLANs configured that were removed?

This is a fresh Windows 10 1809 installation.

I attach the SSU file to this post.

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bdupa, Thank you for the reply. Please try to manually install the PROSet software. Use the path in the downloaded folder of 23.5: APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64 and install PROSETDX.msi as an administrator. Try uninstalling the current drivers and a fresh install of 23.5 if this does not work. Here is a download link if you need it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bdupa, Please try to create a VLAN in PowerShell. Currently 23.5 does not have an option to create VLANs in device manager. From PowerShell enter "add-IntelNetVLAN". This will give you the options to create a VLAN. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
BDupa
Beginner

Hello daniel.d_Intel,

It worked with the command applet "add-IntelNetVLAN" in PowerShell.

Do you know why the option to create VLANs in device manager was removed ?

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bdupa, Thank you for your reply. Windows 10 1809 does not support the Intel PROSet for Windows device manager function. Support is not expected for later versions of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019. See the following post for more details: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049CllaSAC/intel-ethernet-sw-235-release-information?language=en_US Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bdupa, Please let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Bdupa, If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
BDupa
Beginner

Hello DanielD_Intel,

Thank you for your help. I don't have other questions.

Best regards,

Ben

0 Kudos