Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4853 Discussions

How to enable the an NIC to transmit data received from a port through the other port?

QWu001
Beginner

I have purchased a network interface controller, with two optical fiber interface and one PCI interface. I plan to test its performance through a device produced by Spirent. This process requires to configure the NIC so that one of its ports can transmit data received from a port through the other port. However, I do not know how to do it. The operating system I am using is Linux. I would be grateful if you guys could help me with that!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello QWu001,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please provide the details below for us to check on your query.

1.) Model of your Network Card

2.) We'd like to double check your query, you mentioned "How to enable the an NIC to transmit data received from a port through the other port?" Please specify which option you want to enable.

3.) Please confirm if you are trying to make one port on the same NIC to receive data from the other port on the same NIC. If not, please provide more detail regarding your query.

4.) SSU/System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. This would also help us identify if you are using an OEM or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91600/Intel-System-Support-Utility

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello QWu001,

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to check on your query. Please let us know if you have additional questions on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello QWu001,

We just want to make another follow up on the information that we asked.

Please send us a reply for us to further assist you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos