Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

How to fix corrupted Ethernet NVM, which results in non-functioning GbE interface

MDuba3
Beginner

Server board S1200BTL reports on POST that the NIC NVM is corrupt, and so the GbE interface does not work. This occurred after a reboot, with no change in configuration. Subsequently updating the firmware package made no difference. I tried disabling and re-enablign the NIC and the NIC ROM in BIOS, to no effect. A search for a suitable Ethernet flash package turned up zero. What else can I try?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello MDuba3,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since you already tried updating the NIC's NVM, you may try to update the firmware of the board.

Please open the link below for the steps on how to update the firmware of the board.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032841/server-products.html

If you have questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MDuba3
Beginner

Hi

Thanks for the response. However, the opposite is actually the case: I've updated the board's formware but not the NIC. If you can post a link to the right NIC firmware (I've looked and can't find) that would be helpful. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MDuba3,

Thank you for the update. Let me further check this issue and get back to you.

Please give me 2 to 3 workings days to work on this issue and provide an update.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MDuba3,

Upon further checking, there is no NVM available for your on-board NIC.

And since the NIC is on-board, it is also best if you will try to ask our server department if there is an available NVM. And also, let me just add that since you are already done updating the firmware of the board and you are still having the same issue. There is a possibility that the on-board NIC is already faulty.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
MDuba3
Beginner

Hi Mike

Thank you for your work on this.

I shall post a question on this in the server section of this support forum.

0 Kudos