Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

How to get Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection working under win 10

Gerbil
Beginner

A recent windows 10 update means my HP z620 dual CPU workstation can no longer connect to the internet with "network not found" etc messages. I've tried a whole variety of possible fixes [uninstall, reinstall, reset networking etc etc]. As far as I can tell from the Intel site, these Intel network products are no longer supported. Is this correct?

How can I restore networking to my machine?

The products are:

Network Adapter(s): Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection (last working driver = 12.17.10.8)

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (last working driver = 12.17.10.8)

I looked through the support site material but found it difficult to understand so I'd really appreciate it if any replies are "idiot-proof"

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gerbil,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

After checking, 82579LM and 82574L has only inbox support for Windows 10 Operating system. For In-box support, Driver and software updates aren't planned for adapters with only in-box support. These adapters can't be updated using automated or manual methods. You may visit this link for more information about in-box support.

Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers (LOM)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

I've also tried checking the supported Operating system for your HP Z620 and didn't find Windows 10 on the list. With this, we would suggest to validate this with HP support since you are using a third party system. They will be in best position to further assist you on your query.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03270936#AbT2

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

Awaiting to your response. 

We will reach out after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gerbil,

Please let us know if you were able to request further assistance from your board manufacturer. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Awaiting to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Gerbil,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
GL3
Beginner

Intel Support -

I am having the same issue as noted above. Last night internet "worked", today, not so much. Powered on/off, no joy. Reset Modem/connection, no joy. Error is "unidentified network - Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network connection".
I am running Win10 on Dell Precision M4700. Have enabled, disabled network to no avail and still says "Unidentified Network". Under Win10 settings, IP assignment is Automatic (DHCP) and gives link local IPv6 address, servers, MFG with intel driver version 11.16.96.7114.
My limited trouble shooting is saying it may be the router as it is quite old (Linksys 2.4Ghz 800.11G), but good old Microsoft has been doing Win10 updates, thus don't know if a recent update "didn't update" properly.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

0 Kudos