Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

How to get NVM version 1.02 and 2.23

petves
Beginner

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the specific NVM versions for Intel Ethernet Network Adapter E810 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19624/29736/non-volatile-memory-nvm-update-utility-for-intel-ethernet-network-adapter-e810-series.html?).

1. In document  https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/630155 there is a table "Table 7. Software/NVM Compatibility for the E810" and there is a column with NVM version 1.02. Is this version somewhere available for download or why it is specified in that table if it is not? In the link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19624/29736/non-volatile-memory-nvm-update-utility-for-intel-ethernet-network-adapter-e810-series.html? there is a list only with some specific versions. Why is it so?
  2.  As I know, we obtained NIC with NVM 2.23, but I could not find anything regarding this version. How should we check the compatibility in this case? Is there another document with all versions, or the compatibility is the same as for versions 2.20/2.22?

BR

Peter

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello petves,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can we ask you to provide us first a picture of the markings both front and back of your Network adapter so we can validate if you are using a retail card or a 3rd party OEM before we provide you our recommendations.

Please use this link as a reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

May we also ask, why would you be needing NVM versions 1.02 and 2.23 so we can also provide some suggestions. Also please advise us the OS that you are using for this. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello petves,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
petves
Beginner

Hello,

Can we ask you to provide us first a picture of the markings both front and back of your Network adapter so we can validate if you are using a retail card or a 3rd party OEM before we provide you our recommendations.

I cannot provide any picture of the card, because I do not have direct access to the compute with this NIC.

May we also ask, why would you be needing NVM versions 1.02 and 2.23 so we can also provide some suggestions.

I do not necessary need 1.02 version, I was just curious about that version, because I found reference to it, but I did not find any possible way to download it.

What is more important is 2.23 version. We had problems regarding the upgrade via nvmupdate64e tool. I attached info from that interface where we have this NIC.

So the true question is whether we can upgrade it (and how) to 3.10, so we will match NVM Version with ice (Linux) version (1.7.16).

Also please advise us the OS that you are using for this. 

We are using OS ubuntu 18.04.

BR

Peter

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello petves,

Thank you very much for advising us. Please provide us some time to check further before we provide you our recommendations. Would it be ok if we can provide an update between 2-3 business days? Once we have all the information that we need we will notify you immediately. If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day! 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello petves,

We would be needing some additional information from you to further check on your concern. Please advise / provide the following;

1. Can we ask the specific error that you are encountering when you are trying to update the NVM to 3.10?

2. Please provide us your SSU log so we can check if you are using a retail adapter or a 3rd party OEM since our firmware is only intended to be used on Intel branded adapters. 

Please follow the steps below to generate your SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a tick on "Everything" when scanning the log

4. You can attach the logs on this thread 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello petves,

We'd like to follow up the requested information for us to proceed checking your query. Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello petves,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos