Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

How to perform raw Ethernet with Intel Pro 1000 on Windows

JGarn6
Beginner

Hi,

I need to transmit/receive raw Ethernet packet for fast communication in Windows 7+. Is there a way to do that directly with Intel NIC driver or API ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Jygarneau,

Thank you for the post. Can you help clarify what is to transmit/receiv raw ethernet packet for fast communication? This might be done by using software. Please provide more information for me to check. thank you.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
JGarn6
Beginner

I need to send Ethernet packet at high speed. We can't do this with Winsock. I can use Winpcap but it's not very fast. So, I'm searching a simple method to acheive this and want to check if Intel driver can do that directly from a C or C++ application to send and receive. I'm implementing a EtherCAT master. Thank you.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Jygarneau,

I need to check on this. What is the exact PRO 1000 network adapter model you are referring here? Thanks.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
JGarn6
Beginner

Hi rgds,

The card model is not the most important. I want to know if I can call an Intel driver directly in C to send and receive Ethernet packets without using winsock. I want a simple interface to send Ethernet frame, this is the primary purpose of a network card. When I buy a PCIe card, the company have Windows driver and DLL to get service from the card. I want to know if Intel have these and where it is documented. Thank you!

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi jygarreau,

Thank you for the information. I will check on this.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Jygarneau,

Good day. Further checking I am sorry to inform you the Windows driver source code is not available.

Thank you for your time on this matter.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos