Ethernet Products
Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
3705 Discussions

How to perform raw Ethernet with Intel Pro 1000 on Windows

JGarn6
Beginner

Hi,

I need to transmit/receive raw Ethernet packet for fast communication in Windows 7+. Is there a way to do that directly with Intel NIC driver or API ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Jygarneau,

Thank you for the post. Can you help clarify what is to transmit/receiv raw ethernet packet for fast communication? This might be done by using software. Please provide more information for me to check. thank you.

rgds,

wb

JGarn6
Beginner

I need to send Ethernet packet at high speed. We can't do this with Winsock. I can use Winpcap but it's not very fast. So, I'm searching a simple method to acheive this and want to check if Intel driver can do that directly from a C or C++ application to send and receive. I'm implementing a EtherCAT master. Thank you.

st4
New Contributor III

Hi Jygarneau,

I need to check on this. What is the exact PRO 1000 network adapter model you are referring here? Thanks.

rgds,

wb

JGarn6
Beginner

Hi rgds,

The card model is not the most important. I want to know if I can call an Intel driver directly in C to send and receive Ethernet packets without using winsock. I want a simple interface to send Ethernet frame, this is the primary purpose of a network card. When I buy a PCIe card, the company have Windows driver and DLL to get service from the card. I want to know if Intel have these and where it is documented. Thank you!

st4
New Contributor III

Hi jygarreau,

Thank you for the information. I will check on this.

rgds,

wb

st4
New Contributor III

Hi Jygarneau,

Good day. Further checking I am sorry to inform you the Windows driver source code is not available.

Thank you for your time on this matter.

rgds,

wb