Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

How to remove -d option and link a shared library librte_mempool_ring .so in DPDK

aj_merin
Beginner

I have compiled the DPDK PMD drivers as shared library using "CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB=y" for x86 platform. Using the PMD in DPDK I have successfully compiled an external DPDK based application and a library. But while executing the binary, I was getting an error "MBUF: error setting mempool handler". I have provided the librte_mempool_ring.so with -d option to remove the error. Is there anyway to remove the -d option and link the librte_mempool_ring.so while compiling the binary itself. I have tried linking the librte_mempool_ring.so in the Makefile itself. But it is not working properly? Can anyone help me with this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Aj_merin,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We have a special support site for DPDK concerns. Please go to this link, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/welcome.html, and click "Access and Log In" to contact the DPDK support.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Aj_merin,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
aj_merin
Beginner

Hi @AlfredoS_Intel ,

I am still debugging the issue. Thank you for looking into the same. I am looking forward for this issue to get fixed. 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Aj_merin,

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate your time in doing further debugging of your issue. We would like to confirm if someone already from the DPDK department is looking over at your concern.

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Aj_merin,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Aj_merin, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
aj_merin
Beginner

Hi,

Do you guys have any update on these...

0 Kudos