Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

How to use iqvlinux

RNP
Beginner

How to use iqvlinux for debugging. Please share some pointers.

Thanks,

Renuka Prasad

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please let us know what Intel Ethernet adapter you are using on this system. Is there anything specific you need to do with iqvlinux? Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
RNP
Beginner

Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-LM

Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection

which uses e1000e and igb as the drivers.

We need to validate the latest iqvlinux with version 1.2.0.8 with our platform.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, Thank you for the information. We will check if there is information available to assist you with validating iqvlinux, and update you as soon as possible. Let us know if you have any questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee

Hello RNP,

Are you using iqvlinux as part of LANCONF? Some Intel Ethernet diagnostic utilities use iqvlinux, but on its own it is just a driver. The instructions to install iqvlinux will be included in the readme. Let us know if you need further clarification, or have any other questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, Please let us know if you still need assistance with iqvlinux. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
RNP
Beginner
Hi Danier, Thanks for the reply. I could not get information with how to use iqvlinux. I am not sure if it is being used with any other user space application. Would like to hear from Intel what is the purpose of iqvlinux and how it is being used . Thanks, Renuka Prasad
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, Thank you for the reply. Let us see if we can get more information on this, as we only know it is used by Intel Ethernet diagnostics utilities as a debug driver. Will update you soon. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, Thank you for your patience. Iqvlinux is used as a debug driver for Intel Ethernet diagnostic utilities which are only provided under NDA. We can provide no other information regarding other uses for iqvlinux. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, Please let me know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
RNP
Beginner
Hi Daaniel, Thanks for the reply. We have received few tools from the Intel counterpart w.r.t iqvlinux. We will try them out. Regards, Renuka Prasad
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, Thank you for the update. Hope you are able to use the tools as expected. Were you helped by someone else from Intel, or is this another from another vendor? Let us know if any other questions come up. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, If this is a tool from an Intel department please let us know. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello RNP, Please let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos