Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

I am trying to upgrade my Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 drivers to version Version: 23.5.1 from Version: 23.5.0. However the installation hangs after several steps.

CMcCo9
Beginner

In the event viewer I find following error:

Detection of product '{967E7483-38D0-40E3-A44C-BAC69E0DC853}', feature 'DMIX', component '{750EDF1F-A07B-4C83-BF22-C4A2BA465A58}' failed. The resource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER(64)\SOFTWARE\INTEL\Network_Services\NCS2\Intel(R) PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility\installed' does not exist.

Trying to uninstall Version 23.5.0 results in the same error.

I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1809. Build: 17763.195.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VincentT_Intel
Hi CMcCo9, Thank you for posting in Intel® Ethernet Community. Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. kindly refer to the steps below. a. Download and run the .exe from this link - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- b. Check "everything" then click "scan" c. When scan is finished click "next" d. Save the log and attach it to a post Looking forward to your response. Best Regards, Vince T. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CMcCo9
Beginner

Hello,

Please find attached the requested support log file.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi CMcCo9, Based on the log file, you have a MSI system that comes with I219-V and I211 Ethernet controller. We've tried to duplicate your issue in our lab with a system that has a I219-V and another Intel network adapter but not able to replicate it. Please refer to the installation sequence below: 1. Fresh install of Windows 10 version 1809 2. Install SW 23.5 with default options checked (Device Drivers, Intel PROSet and Intel Advanced Network Services) 3. Install SW 23.5.1 Kindly extract the SW version 23.5.0 files included in the PROWinx64.exe to a folder. After extraction, run the "DxSetup" located in the PROWinx64\APPS\PROSETDX\Winx64 folder. This will run the software installation and prompt you to modify or remove the SW package. Kindly select modify and reinstall the Device Drivers, Intel PROSet and Intel Advanced Network Services. After successful installation of SW 23.5.0, you can try to run the SW 23.5.1 installer and see if same error would appear. The only update in SW 23.5.1 compared to SW 23.5.0 is the added support for the Intel(R) Ethernet Network Adapter X722-DA2 and Intel(R) Ethernet Network Adapter X722-DA4. There's no updated driver for I219-V and I211 in that SW package. If you're not encountering any issue with your network adapters, you can continue using the current SW version. Best Regards, Vince T. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CMcCo9
Beginner

Thank you.

I have resolved my issue by uninstalling the Intel Network Connections software, resetting my network stack and resetting network connection from the Windows Settings menu. Afterwards I was able to reinstall the drivers and software.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi CMcCo9, Glad to know your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if there's other assistance needed. Best Regards, Vince T. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos