Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

I am using 10G Intel card. Looking at product document it says 10Base-KR is supported. Basically i have connected 10G to xilinx development board using SFI interface and need to validate xilinx 10G-Base-KR IP. How to enable base-kr in intel NIC?

RPand8
Beginner

Enabling autoneg using ethtool is throwing error- -EINVAL

sudo ethtool -s ens4 speed 10000 duplex full advertise 0x1000 autoneg on

My requirement is to enable 10G-Base-KR in 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Intel NIC.

Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection (rev 01)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello RPand8, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. To further check this issue, please provide the following details: 1. What is your OS? 2. What is the driver version installed? 3. Please provide the error in ethool. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RPand8
Beginner

Thanks for the response.

My OS is: Linux radheys41 4.4.0-93-generic #116-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 11 21:17:51 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I upgraded the driver to ixgbe-5.5.5.

Adding print in ixgbe_set_settings shows that we are returning EINVAL when autoneg is enabled.

if ((ecmd->autoneg == AUTONEG_ENABLE) ||

(ecmd->advertising != ADVERTISED_10000baseT_Full) ||

(speed + ecmd->duplex != SPEED_10000 + DUPLEX_FULL)){

printk(KERN_ERR "Set link invalid \n");

return -EINVAL;

}

}

Thanks,

Radhey

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello RPand8, We need to further check this inquiry. Please wait for our update regarding this one. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello RPand8, While we are checking this issue, we would like to request for the complete markings of the NIC. Kindly send a photo on both sides of the card with clear markings. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello RPand8, I just want to make a follow up on the markings of the NIC. Please send a photo of the NIC on both sides with clear markings. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello RPand8, Just sending another follow up on the photo of the unit focusing on the markings. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos