Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

I cannot get speed above 300Mb/s with an Ethernet I219-V on my MSI x299 Carbon.

LCara3
Beginner

I have an embedded Ethernet I219-V ethernet device and I cannot obtain speed above 450Mb.

On the same machine an USB-C realtek adapter achieve about 900Mb/s

I tried the MSI drivers and also the intel driver (now installed driver Version 12.18.9.10)

Energy Efficent Ethernet Parameter (on or off) is not effective (no changes)

OS is Win 10 Ent 64bit

Driver 64Gb

Cpu i9-7900X

RAM 64Gb

Any Suggestion?

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

We need to gather information so we can provide you recommendations.

Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this link. After running this program, it will create a text file. Kindly attach the text file on your reply.

Looking forward to your response. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up with you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
LCara3
Beginner

Here the scanned info

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

Thank you for providing us the logs.

After reviewing the logs, please try the recommendations listed on this page to tune the performance of your ethernet connection. Looking forward to hearing from you regarding the results.

Should we not hear from you, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response, we may be forced to close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
LCara3
Beginner

Tried the settings but no success.

Also network interface is embedded on the MB.

Thanks

Luigi C

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

We appreciate the time that you took out of your busy schedule to share that information.

We will continue investigating your concern, and we will give you an update no later than 3 business days from now.

We may need to ask for more information during the investigation process.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update.

We’ve spent the last few days assessing what’s been going on, and we really appreciate your patience during this time. Although we’ve been working on resolutions, we need to ask you to check with your motherboard manufacturer if there are settings inside BIOS that can be tuned to improve the performance of the network card. You may also check if there are updates you can carry out on the board. The reason why we think this is the best move for now is because you are already using the most updated driver from us and you already tinkered with the settings. Our driver is generic and since your board manufacturer customized the implementation of the network adapter, their driver is the best that should work with your system. We understand that you already used that, so you may need to look for other things to tune out on the board which is what we mentioned above.

We hope for your understanding on this one. We will check back with you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3, 

We hope that you received the notifications of our previous posts.

Since we have not heard back from you, we have no option but to close this inquiry now.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Alfred S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

We conducted another review of the issue that you are having, and we came with a recommendation that you can try.

Since you mentioned that you are using a USB ethernet adapter, you may want to use the same advanced settings on that adapter to the same advanced settings that can be found on your Intel adapter.

Looking forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Lcara3,

I am just sending another follow up if you still have questions or clarifications. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I will close this inquiry now. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Alfred S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos