Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

I have a question about installing and using the Intel x710-da4 Centos6.10 driver.

동김000
Novice

I'm trying to use the x710-da4 with my Dell R440 server, but it's set as the default driver in Centos6.10 but the ping is not confirmed.

I would like to grasp the X710-DA4 using the Intel driver, not the basic driver, but I would like to know about the installation manual and how to use the 10G LAN card.

We look forward to your response to this inquiry.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
동김000
Novice

Yes solved.

We have confirmed that this is a compatibility issue with GBIC.

Inexpensive 10G LAN card When LAN card was used, LAN card was recognized but there was no PING and there was a problem in sending and receiving.

I replaced it with Intel GBIC and it worked fine without any problem.

Thank you for your support.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 동김000,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

You may refer to the readme file of 'i40e Linux* Base Driver for the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller 700 Series', it contains the steps to install the driver. 

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24411/eng/readme.txt

Sharing the Intel® Network Adapter Driver for PCIe* 40 Gigabit Ethernet Network Connections Under Linux*

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24411/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-PCIe-40-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Connections-Under-Linux-?v=t

We hope that the above information was of help to your query. Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 동김000,

We'd like to check if you have additional questions and clarifications regarding this request. If you do, please let us know for us to assist you further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
MRetz
Beginner

Hi Guys, I'm facing also an issue with the x710 driver. I always get the message: Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56).

Do I need another driver or how could I solve the issue?

Thanks for your help and best Regards

Manu

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Manu,

Good day!

We have received your inquiry regarding this and replied to your post. Kindly check on it for the requested information so we can assist you. We will discuss your concern on the said post.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
동김000
Novice

Yes solved.

We have confirmed that this is a compatibility issue with GBIC.

Inexpensive 10G LAN card When LAN card was used, LAN card was recognized but there was no PING and there was a problem in sending and receiving.

I replaced it with Intel GBIC and it worked fine without any problem.

Thank you for your support.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 동김000,

It's good to hear that you found the cause of the problem. Thank you for sharing your observation here. This would be helpful for other users facing the same issue.

Since the issue was now resolved, please be informed that we will be closing this request at the end of the day. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, please do not hesitate to post a new question.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
동김000
Novice

Thank you.

In the future, we will be able to use the Intel Forum if there are any problems other than the above.

Thank you.

Please close this inquiry.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello 동김000,

Thank you for the confirmation.

You are always welcome. Just feel free to let us know if anything else is needed and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Have a wonderful weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos