Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

I have about six Intel NIC cards . Two 40G dual and 4 25G 4 ports each. installed the 40 G driver it recognize all the NICs. The driver only found two ports on the 25G 4 port cards

AAl-J2
Beginner

4.15.0-54-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jun 24 10:55:24 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 

Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

powerEdge R740

BIOS ver 1.4.9

UEFI 2.5

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AAl-J2,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please download the System Support Utility from the link below, and attach a log file. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration.

1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-the-Linux-Operating-System?product=91600

2- Open SSU.exe

3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

4- When finished scanning, click "Next".

5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AAl-J2
Beginner

Here is the results for the scan

Thanks

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AAl-J2,

Thank you for the reply. Please check the following details for our findings.

1.) You mentioned that you have "about six Intel NIC cards . Two 40G dual and 4 25G 4 ports each". We'd like to inform you that we only have single or dual port for our XXV710 (25Gbps) network card.

Please check the link below for the list of 700 Series Network Adapters (up to 40GbE) https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/46828/700-series-network-adapters-up-to-40gbe.html

With this, we'd like to clarify if you are referring to one unit of XXV710 with 4 ports? or one unit of XXV710 with single ports but 4 units?

2) We saw there is this Subsystem: Silicom Ltd. Ethernet Controller XXV710 for 25GbE SFP28 in the Intel NIC text file that you've sent, this seems to be an OEM. We have asked you to provide the SSU log for us to check if this is an OEM version but unfortunately, the information that we are looking for is not captured. Is it possible to provide the PBA and SN which can be checked on the white sticker of the adapter. 

Please visit this link on where to find the markings of the adapter.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

3) Please remove one unit of XXV710 to test if you will be able to see all the ports if one unit is removed. Or remove the other XL710-Q1 server adapters to test as well.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AAl-J2
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is the two numbers that I found on one of the 25G card

MAC P0 00E0ED917A9B

E122932100033

Also I removed both the 40 G Cards with no luck. Then I removed 2 of the 25G cards and still only recognize 2 interfaces on each card

Please advise

Regards

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ahmed,

We appreciate your prompt reply. But it seems that you missed our clarification on item number 1. Are you referring to one unit of XXV710 with 4 ports? or one unit of XXV710 with single ports but 4 units?

Is it possible to provide a full view photos of front and back of the Network card for us to double check the markings?

Awaiting for your reply.

(We removed your personal information from the post due to privacy concern. Please be reminded to not post any personal information on your future posts.)

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AAl-J2
Beginner

Here is the Photos

Thanks

Ahmed

0 Kudos
AAl-J2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AAl-J2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for providing the photos of the NIC.

Is this the XXV710 (25G) model of your adapter or the XL710 (40G)? Can you share where did you purchase the adapters?

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AAl-J2
Beginner

it is the XXV710 (25G) model . it was purchased from Silicom

Regards

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for the reply.

As mentioned on our previous post, we only have single or dual port for our XXV710 (25Gbps) network card.

Please check the link below for the list of 700 Series Network Adapters (up to 40GbE) 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/46828/700-series-network-adapters-up-to-40gbe.html

With this, it is recommended to contact Silicom for further assistance since this is an OEM version of Intel Ethernet adapter. Please visit this link for the List of Supported Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005612/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ahmed,

We'd like to check if you have contacted Silicom for further assistance. Please let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ahmed,

Please let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter. If you do, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to e of help.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AAl-J2
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

I was able to get two of the cards recognized after modifying the Bios setting to bifurcation of x4 x4. I got this info from Silicom support. Thank you for your help . this case should be closed now

Best Regards

Ahmed

0 Kudos