Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

I have problems with 82579LM and 82579V Gigabit Network Adapters and can't connect in Windows 10

SNolt
Beginner

Hi,

I started my Windows 10 PC and got a blue screen message:

IQRL not less or equal ... Windows will fix this and restart.

After that I can no longer connect to the internet.

I get a "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

... message.

I have searched high and low in forums and tried all sort of things, but no result.

ipconfig gives a black screen. It doesn't connect.

I do not see a "Network Reset option in Windows 10, so there seems to be something wrong there as well.

I had a 82579LM which was working, but I thought I try an update. Now I have both, an 82579LM (older) and an 82579V (newer) network adapter on my computer.

I can't seem to uninstall them, they just keep coming back.

The 82579LM is now greyed out and right click says "error getting adapter info"

I can't reinstall the 82579LM because it says there already is a newer driver and I need to unintall that first.

When I uninstall the 82579V driver and do a restart, it is back. I can't get rid of it.

Do the two driver interfere with each other?

How do I reset this?

I have many other things listed, but I don't have a clue what they are?

Any help? Desperate!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Scotland,

Thank you for the post. 82579LM and 82579V are onboard ethernet controller, I would suggest you to contact your system vendor to check, they can further check on the hardware aspect in case this is the issue.

Please refer to this website for reference:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html%3Fwapkw%3Doem%2Bnetwork http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?wapkw=oem+network

May I know what is the brand and model of your system (board)? Some suggestion here is have you had made any recent change on your system? like installing a new application or made any update? If yes, please try un-installing to see if this will fix the issue. Please check with your system vendor for driver to be installed, I understand you installed a new one, please double check with them.

Thanks,

wb
0 Kudos
SNolt
Beginner

Hi,

Yes, I am trying to connect my PC via cable, this has always worked so far with the 82579LM.

Is the 82579V the updated version of the 82579LM? So should this 82579V theoretically work?

Or is it an adapter for different hardware?

I'm sorry I don't know the make of my hardware. I have a Lenovo PC, 4 years old.

I have checked the cable, it is fine, as the internet works fine if i connect a laptop.

The 82579LM was working before the Windows 10 error message.

The problem seems to be that I can't revert back to the 82579LM because the 82579V uninstall does not work. The systems says that there is a newer version already installed (V) and I need to uninstall this first (which is not possible, it comes back immediately).

Also: When I check the 82579V adapter under Devices, it says "This device is working properly".

Does this mean it is the correct adapter for my hardware?

But: When I do troubleshooter it gives me the Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

... message.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Scotland,

Thank you for the update. Both 82579v and 82579LM launched way back 2011, you may refer to this website for reference

https://ark.intel.com/compare/52963,47620

Just to double check is the 82579LM on your Lenovo PC? Can you share what is the exact PC model so that based on the technical specification we will know what is the exact ethernet controller.

We have known issue of 82579V ethernet controller erroreously reports as 82579LM,

here is the website about the issue (PLEASE do not install this first as this is different issue, we need to confirm first)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22026

Your case is the other way around, 82579LM reported as 82579V instead so I have to double check. Have also contacted the system vendor to double check?

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Scotland,

Have you had any update from the system vendor? and please provide the information requested on the previous post. Please feel free to update me.

thanks,

wb

0 Kudos