Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

I have some SFP+ labeled AFBR-703SDZ-IN2 (E65689-001) and new is labeled AFBR-703MDZ-IN2 (E65689-003). What is the differents between them and can I use the "old version" to my Dell machine, or do I need the new version?

TSjöb
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TSjöb,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

You may refer to the link below for the the Product Change Notification of E65689-001 to E65689-003.

Effect of Change on Fit, Form, Function, Quality, or Reliability was mentioned on the document. 

• There may be some noticeable visual changes to the module form and fit but customers should not experience issues using it in the existing applications. The customers should expect no differences in functionality, quality and reliability. The device specification and manufacturing process will be same to the current products. 

please scroll down to item no. 2 for additional information.

https://qdms.intel.com/dm/i.aspx/6DE08FDB-3D7F-46EA-9EF1-609EC56585AA/PCN114207-00.pdf

And for your second question, 'can I use the "old version" to my Dell machine, or do I need the new version?'. Kindly share if you are referring to the onboard NIC of your Dell machine or you have a separate network adapter. Kindly share the exact model of the adapter either way.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
TSjöb
Beginner

I have a 540-BBBB Network Daughter card SFP+.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TSjöb,

Thank you for the reply.

Just to double check, the 540-BBBB Network Daughter card SFP+ is Dell product, is that correct? If yes, then it would be best to check with Dell support for compatibility concerns.

And as mentioned on the PCN document, no differences in functionality, quality and reliability should be expected on E65689-003. The device specification and manufacturing process will be same to the current products. 

Let us know if you have additional questions on this matter.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
TSjöb
Beginner

The card is Intel X520 DP 10Gb DA/SFP+ +I350 DP 1Gb Network Daughter Card.

Thanks for your support, then I can use my "old version" of SFP when it is no funktional differents.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TSjöb,

You are welcome. Glad to be of help on this matter.

That is correct, you may just need to check if the SFP+ AFBR-703SDZ-IN2 (E65689-001) is compatible with Intel X520 DP 10Gb DA/SFP+ +I350 DP 1Gb Network Daughter Card.

We have managed to check if this is an Intel retail version of network card but unfortunately, this is not on the list. You might need to check with your manufacturer for compatibility concerns.

Please visit this link for the List of Supported Retail Intel® Ethernet Adapters

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005612/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you have additional questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TSjöb,

We'd like to check i f you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter. If you do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello TSjöb,

Please let us know if there is anything else that you need assistance on this matter. Please do not hesitate to ask and we will be glad to be of help.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
RWrig8
Beginner

sfp tranceivers.pngThis was very helpful. I did have one question though, is there any datasheet or spec sheets for these transceivers on the intel website or online somewhere? I have been searching for sometime for these specific intel modules and have had no luck short of this thread.

Specifically, I'm looking for data sheets on the AFBR-703SDZ-IN2 and the FTLX8571D3BCV-IT.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello RWrig8,

Please post a new question on the link below for us to further assist you. 

https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P00000018NbWAI/intel-ethernet

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos