Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

I have the I211 nick card added to my win 10 desktop. I keep getting a orange triangle for network. The network card blinks yellow greenish and red. Is that OK?

BMaza
Beginner

Spectrum Cable says yellow and is bad. The card works most of the time but gets system Com errors or warnings

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You cannot simply replace the wifi card. Did you consult with the manufacturer of your laptop for compatibility issues first?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Doc

0 Kudos
BMaza
Beginner

Please read the question before answer. Nick means ethernet not wifi. I want to know what the lights are suposed to be yellow and red or green and blue. And it is desktop card I added to the mother board.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are correct. Long day, tired eyes.

What version of W10? 1909?

What motherboard?

Doc

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Bmaza,

Thank you for posting on our Intel® Ethernet Communities page.

We have not received your response on this forum, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not hear from you, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Bmaza,

I am just sending another follow up if you still have questions or clarifications. 

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Alfred S.

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BMaza
Beginner

Another follow up? Close the question? How about an answer first? I diid not get an answer.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Bmaza,

We are deeply sorry if you felt neglected with our replies. We were waiting for your answer on a question posted by our community members, hence the follow-ups.  

Please provide the following so we can find the best answer for your concern:

1. Kindly download and run our Intel® System Support Utility so we will know the configuration of your system. Please download and run the tool on this site, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600. After running the tool, it will give you an option to save the logs to a text file. Please save it to a text file, and attach it to your reply.

2. May we know the brand of the NIC card that has the Intel® Ethernet Controller I211-AT?

3. Our discrete cards emit Yellow, Green, Amber colors on its Diagnostic LEDs. Is the Red light that you are seeing closer to the amber color or could be amber?

4. An orange triangle usually means you are in a “limited to no connectivity to your local network”. When this happens, have you noticed the IP address that you are getting on your system?

5. May we know where is the other end of the network cable, that you are using for the card, plugged into?

We look forward to hearing from you. Should we not get your response, we will check back with you after 3 business days. If you need more time to gather the information above, please let us know and we will adjust accordingly. 

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Bmaza,

We have not received your response on this forum, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not hear from you, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Bmaza,

I am just sending another follow up for the information that we are trying to gather to continue assisting you.

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this inquiry now.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Alfred S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos