Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

I unable to transmit on the global IPv4 broadcast address (255.255.255.255) on my Intel i219-v ethernet controller

cjorgens79
Beginner

I have an Intel i219-v ethernet controller which wont transmit UDP packets to any devices (using 255.255.255.255). If i use a subnet broadcast, ie 192.168.100.255 it works fine, but 255.255.255.255 does not work. The adapter can receive packets from other devices sending to that address (both wired and wireless), but when i try to send out to the other devices from this device is does not work. I do not have any 3rd party firewall's, only windows firewall. Turning it off makes no difference. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network device driver.

I am an experienced software developer who is very familiar with network programming (sockets). The reason this has come up is that the racing simulator games Project CARS and Project CARS 2 both send their in game telemetry to devices on the network using a broadcast IP of 255.255.255.255 for UDP port 5606. As a developer of companion apps for sim racing, it makes my job rather difficult if I cannot receive the game's telemetry on other devices on my network. The only way around it i have found is to record it on localhost and then retransmit it using a direct ip of a mobile device or using the subnet broadcast address. I would very much like to resolve this problem once and for all.

The network device driver settings are all set to the defaults. My local IP is 192.168.100.42, subnet is 255.255.255.0, gateway is my router 192.168.100.1

Any help or suggestions of things i could try would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
44 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Craig,

How are you doing today?

Please let us know if you already receive feedback from ASRock support if they have contacted Intel engineers regarding this matter.

We look forward to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we'll follow up after 5 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
cjorgens79
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

Nothing yet from ASRock, however given whats going on in the world right now its not unexpected. As such there probably isn't much point in pursuing the issue further at this time, I think we've all got far more important things to be worrying about right now. You can close this ticket if you like, by the time this global crisis is over I'll have probably bought a new PC anyway so it would likely no longer be an issue for me.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Craig,

Appreciate your reply.

We are sorry to hear that you still haven't heard from ASRock and we will be closing this ticket as unresolved. 

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this have caused.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation throughout the process. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to be of help.

May you have a lovely weekend!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos