Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

I would like to know how to create an untagged vlan. I have 1809 fresh install with driver version 23.5(The latest). What script do I need inorder to create an untagged VLAN. I need to create a VLAN 2(Untagged) which will be my native Vlan

User1574365893941150

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello User15743658939411501992,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Please share the exact model of your adapter.

Currently, Team and VLAN configuration are only supported using Intel® PROSet for Windows PowerShell* Software's cmdlets. This only applies to Windows® 10 Version 1809 (and later). Please refer to the steps below on how to create untagged VLAN as well as tagged using Powershell.

1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator.

2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"

3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter.

4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of a VLAN.

5. PowerShell will prompt for VLAN ID

To create an untagged VLAN, type VLAN ID = 0

For tagged VLAN, type the desired VLAN ID.

For example: VLAN ID = 9

When prompted for "ParentName", you can use the name of your network adapter from the "Get-IntelNetAdapter" output.

You may visit this link for Intel® PROSet for Windows PowerShell* Software

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-io.html

I hope that the information above would be helpful to you. In case you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter, please let us know.

Awaiting to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Please share the exact model of your adapter.

Currently, Team and VLAN configuration are only supported using Intel® PROSet for Windows PowerShell* Software's cmdlets. This only applies to Windows® 10 Version 1809 (and later). Please refer to the steps below on how to create untagged VLAN as well as tagged using Powershell.

1. Open Windows Powershell as administrator.

2. Import the PROSet Powershell* module using this command: Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"

3. Type "Get-IntelNetAdapter" to display the name of your network adapter.

4. Type "Add-IntelNetVLAN" to initiate the creation of a VLAN.

5. PowerShell will prompt for VLAN ID

To create an untagged VLAN, type VLAN ID = 0

For tagged VLAN, type the desired VLAN ID.

For example: VLAN ID = 9

When prompted for "ParentName", you can use the name of your network adapter from the "Get-IntelNetAdapter" output.

You may visit this link for Intel® PROSet for Windows PowerShell* Software

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023545/network-and-io.html

I hope that the information above would be helpful to you. In case you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter, please let us know.

Awaiting to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Good day!

Please provide the requested information for us to further check on your query. Please also share if you have tried to create/add VLAN using the steps above and what is the result after doing so.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. In case there is any other inquiry that you may have in the future, please do not hesitate to post a new question.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that the solution worked. Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

May you have a great day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos