Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

I210-T1 Guide to Better Ping Online Games?

jbI210T1
Novice

Greetings! Is there a guide online or can someone help me setup my Ethernet card where I can maximize it's potential to lower my ping and response to the game server.

1st, I bought the  Intel I210-T1 to replace my onboard realtek lan which was horrendous. Before that I had The Bigfoot Killer 2100 which was awesome but, one day it literally fried. 

Last week got into gaming again and bought the intel Nic on Amazon and Its a lot better than the onboard but no dedicated software for gaming as far as  I know. And I find myself having to still use more ammo to down an opponent. It's better than the onboard which registers less hit markers, but still not up to par with the Killer Nic. 

The thing is that when I 1st installed T1 drivers I was getting about 40 something ping To Chicago, now I doesn't go below 64, Odd, Just 64 all the time. And to Atlanta 64-68, when It should be around 20-40. I'm on Fiber. 

What setting can I tweak to get the most out of the Card. Please make it easy, I'm not an IT guy.

Windows 7

3570K | biostar z77 hifi | Intel 520 series 480GB SSD

I know, that I'm still the Win7 camp, but Until I upgrade, I just feel more comfortable with it because of all the horror stories I've heard on Win10 , also I video edit too.  Wouldn't want to Have WIN10 update and then lock me out.

Thanks to everyone that reads this and can  helps me!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jbI210T1
Novice

Thanks for keeping up. I would like to state that the card works as advertised and I have no issues to complain about. I find that just setting it to 1 Gbps full duplex and leaving everything stock works fine. The card is a lot, a lot better than the onboard and way less latency when browsing. 

So I think I will no longer follow up on his thread. Im am a happy customer of this product. Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello jbI210T1,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

First of all, we apologize for the delay in our response.

We are now done with the system upgrade and we are glad to continue assisting you.

Can you try this latest driver and check if this will improve the ping and your gaming.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18713/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-Final-Release?product=68668

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello jbI210T1,

I just want to check if you tried to install the driver that we recommended.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
jbI210T1
Novice

Thanks for your response. Yes I've tried it. I had the latest drivers when I installed the card. I mentioned that its an improvement over the onboard but it doesn't compare to the Killer Nic. Since the original post, i had tried several online guides to get a better ping and response but the improvements were only marginal.

For example if Two players shoot at me, while Im shooting back,  my hit-reg would be non existent and I lose. With Killer I used to be able to down two or three opponents easily with minimal damage back to me if I had engaged 1st. 

Anyhow, I think I'll just have to upgrade to more modern components. Too bad Intel doesn't provide programs like Asus Gamefirst /Gigabyte cFosSpeed included software. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello jbI210T1,

I am sorry to hear that. Let me further check if there we have other recommendations

to improve your gaming. Please give us 2 to 3 working days to provide an update.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello jbI210T1,

Upon checking, Asus Gamefirst and Gigabyte cFosSpeed is an added feature built by 3rd party manufactures to further control the network speed on their motherboards. What we only have is the embedded LAN on their motherboards so it will still depend on them what added features/enhancement they want to include. It is also similar to drivers that manufactures are the ones who tailor it to further enhance the component's feature on the motherboard.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
jbI210T1
Novice

Thanks for keeping up. I would like to state that the card works as advertised and I have no issues to complain about. I find that just setting it to 1 Gbps full duplex and leaving everything stock works fine. The card is a lot, a lot better than the onboard and way less latency when browsing. 

So I think I will no longer follow up on his thread. Im am a happy customer of this product. Thanks

0 Kudos