Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4859 Discussions

I210-T1 with I219-LM issue

Insu-ATI
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I want to have an additional ethernet port on my system. My mother board has I219-LM ethernet controller. And I plugged I210-T1 card on the PCIe slot.

I plugged two LAN cable to I219-LM port and I210-T1 port. It was working good after power cycle.

But some case, if I plugged out a LAN cable from I210-T1 and plugged back in to the card. The card do not detect the signal. LED is not flashing & Windows says "cable unplugged"

I have upgraded the Windows driver but it didn't help.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks and kind regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Insu-ATI,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would just like to clarify some few questions to better understand your concern, please provide us the following;

1. Can you provide us a photo of the markings both front and back of your I210-T1 NIC, so we can validate if you are using a retail card or OEM.

2. Can you clarify on what you meant by "if I plugged out a LAN cable from I210-T1 and plugged back in to the card. The card do not detect the signal. LED is not flashing & Windows says "cable unplugged""

- Did you unplugged the LAN cable and after re-plugging the LAN cable on your I210-T1 NIC that's the time that you are getting the error "cable unplugged"?

- Also just to clarify, how many LAN cables did you plugged on your I210-T1 NIC?

3. Are you using your I219-LM (embedded controller) and I210-T1 NIC at the same time on your system?

4. Are you having connection problems on both your I219-LM controller and I210-T1 NIC? If so when do you experience the problem?

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Insu-ATI
Beginner

Hi Zingfreid,

Thanks for looking after this issue. Please see the following answers.

1. Can you provide us a photo of the markings both front and back of your I210-T1 NIC, so we can validate if you are using a retail card or OEM. => Please find attached.

2. Can you clarify on what you meant by "if I plugged out a LAN cable from I210-T1 and plugged back in to the card. The card do not detect the signal. LED is not flashing & Windows says "cable unplugged""

- Did you unplugged the LAN cable and after re-plugging the LAN cable on your I210-T1 NIC that's the time that you are getting the error "cable unplugged"? => Yes, correct. But it's not consistent. Some case it happened at the first try. But some case it wasn't happened until 10th try. 

- Also just to clarify, how many LAN cables did you plugged on your I210-T1 NIC? => One cable on the I210-T1.

3. Are you using your I219-LM (embedded controller) and I210-T1 NIC at the same time on your system? => Yes, I'm using them at the same time.

4. Are you having connection problems on both your I219-LM controller and I210-T1 NIC? If so when do you experience the problem? => I haven't had the same problem on the I219-LM controller.

Thanks and regards,

Insu

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Insu-ATI,

Thank you very much for providing us the information that we have asked. Please allow us some time to have this check before we provide you our recommendations. Is it okay if we can provide you an update between 2-3 business days? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Insu-ATI,

As per checking based on the markings your using a validated retail card for your I210-T1 NIC. We would like to provide you some of our recommendations to check if this can solve your issue. 

Please try to do the following steps;

- Double check if the onboard LAN is enabled in BIOS

- Test connection using WIFI 

- Use a known working cable or try different cables. Preferably cat5/cat5e or higher

- Try different ports of the router to ensure that it is not a port issue. 

- Check with router manufacturer if they have a firmware update release that may improve the performance

- Set speed & duplex to 1Gbps, 100mbps or 10mpbs and check which of them will work for isolation. Recommended setting is Auto Negotiation. Forcing link can result in a speed-duplex mismatch. This is common when one device is set to forced and its link partner is set as Auto-Negotiate.

- Install and test latest or old driver from Intel or manufacturer(preferred).

- Try a different Operating System(OS) to isolate the issue (only if possible)

- Try to install a fresh OS but with only motherboard drivers without any utilities, antivirus and Windows updates (not recommend turning off the antivirus permanently, just for testing purposes). Motherboard software utilities, Windows updates and antivirus can also cause conflict with the drivers that affects performance.

- Try to power cycle the switch/router. Remove the cable from power outlet and reinstall again.

If issue still persists, please provide us your SSU log so we can further check.

Please follow the steps below to generate your SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

*Windows

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600

*Linux

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/26735/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html?

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Note: Please put a tick on "Everything" when scanning the log

You can post the logs on the thread. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Insu-ATI,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to check if you have done our recommendations and if the issue is still apparent. If you are still encountering the issue please do provide us your SSU log. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Insu-ATI,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos