Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

I210 Teaming after Windows 10 April 2018 Update

n_
Novice

I had a pair of I210 NICs (a dual-NIC motherboard) teamed via Static Link Aggregation and all was working fine until today when Windows 10 x64 decided to apply the April 2018 cumulative update. The page providing the respective drivers with ANS support (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64399 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=64399) states that the latest version is 23.1 (dated 2018-02-21). Even with this latest driver, however, I can re-create the team, but it cannot be enabled. The only way to keep things in a sort of working state is to disable one of the NICs as well as the virtual team interface and keep only the other NIC active (i.e., not an ideal scenario).

Is there any chance that a new version of the driver will be available soon?

Thanks.

nvx

108 Replies
ARosb
Beginner

I learned my lesson a couple of years ago. Whenever a major Windows update is in the works, suspend updates. Once you're ready to take the leap, remove any NIC teams. Then update.

If you don't remove the teams before the update, you will likely not be able to recreate teams even after a driver update. In the end, reinstalling Windows tends to be the only solution. I've spent a frustrating number of hours failing to fix the issue with deep dives into the registry.

0 Kudos
CSmit29
New Contributor I

SW Release 23.2 is now available for download at this location: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283

Note: If the page still shows 23.1 either give it time to refresh or use this direct link to the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/22283/eng/23_2.zip 23.2 file

This download is the complete driver pack for all supported Operating Systems. The OS specific download records (Webpacks) will be available next week.

This release brings support for Windows 10 Redstone 4 (RS4). If you updated to Windows 10 (RS4) prior to this release and experienced problems creating ANS Teams and VLANs, please update to SW release 23.2.

Intel Ethernet Team

0 Kudos
ŁTuro
Beginner

Hi!

After 2 hours of fighting still no Teaming. "Creating New Team Failed". I tried Device Manager and PowerShell (output on bottom).

New Intel(R) Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter was created but nothing else.

Strange thing ... Drivers Date: 10.10.2017 Drivers version: 12.15.184.0

Documentation does not contain any trace of new version 23.2 - maybe by mistake or rush

I'll try with new Windows 10 installation tommorow. Meanwhile... Any advice or directions???

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> New-IntelNetTeam

cmdlet New-IntelNetTeam at command pipeline position 1

Supply values for the following parameters:

TeamMemberNames[0]: Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2

TeamMemberNames[1]: Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2 # 2

TeamMemberNames[2]:

TeamMode: IEEE802_3adDynamicLinkAggregation

TeamName: INTELTM

New-IntelNetTeam : Failed to create team.

At line:1 char:1

+ New-IntelNetTeam

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [New-IntelNetTeam], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Error executing cmdlet.,Intel.PowerShell.Network.Team.NewIntelNetTeam

0 Kudos
BCox6
Beginner

I am having the same issue as the post above. Just tried one location and driving an hour to another location.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This worked flawlessly for me. Old driver was uninstalled and the new driver was installed. The Team was removed prior to uninstall/install process. Once installed and after I rebooted I set up the team again, The team requires the switch be set up with LACP before the host is configured, so make sure the switch is re-configured prior to re-creating the team.

0 Kudos
GCari
Beginner

I am having the same issue as the post above.

0 Kudos
ŁTuro
Beginner

Has anyone tried fresh Windows install with new driver? Any experience?

0 Kudos
DBurn5
Novice

Still no teaming or VLAN tabs on my pro 1000 PT Quad.

The Zip file seems very 'strange' also.

0 Kudos
JCong1
Beginner

Just got my Static LAG group going again (win10 Pro I211+I218). I downloaded the "23.2" zip file. Readme in the zip file says:

"Intel(R) Network Connections Software Version 23.2 Release Notes

================================================================

May 4, 2018

This release includes software and drivers for Intel(R) adapters and integrated

network connections."

Is everyone sure they got the right file? When I clicked the other link it only had 23.1 still.

0 Kudos
DBurn5
Novice
0 Kudos
ŁTuro
Beginner

Right link and fresh download. 417MB md5: correct

0 Kudos
DBurn5
Novice

Am I the only one who's drivers are not updating?

(Still says 2011)

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

1000PT? Is that even still supported for driver updates? I thought that died years ago.

You're using Microsoft's driver, so I would guess intel doesn't support it any more. I thought it died with win8 or something. I've had multiple of these myself.
0 Kudos
MWolf8
Beginner

Intel X550-T2

Teaming with update 1803 death, trying to update to sw 23.2 but it is still broken

0 Kudos
DBurn5
Novice

If that is the case; it doesn't make it very clear.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

Try to update the driver manually.

0 Kudos
DBurn5
Novice

Tried, can't find a file with the relevant driver.

Also tried attached readme which lists the device

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

That just strengthen my suspicion.

0 Kudos
ŁTuro
Beginner

Quick action:

Fresh W10 pro 1803 installation

Installed driver 23.2

and... SUCCESS

Teaming working on I350-T2.

Seems that old driver or teaming settings are making trouble.

My fight is over. Good Luck.

0 Kudos
SWund1
Beginner

Doesnt work for me. W10 pro 1803, I350-T2

0 Kudos
SWund1
Beginner

I´ve tried to build a team with two I350T2. But it shows only the disabled Teaming Adapter. No chance to activate it, even not in command line.

0 Kudos