Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

I211/I217-V Windows 10 LACP teaming fails

FKurt
Novice

Hello,

after the update to Windows 10 (x64, Build 10240) the creation of a teaming group (static or IEEE802.3ad) with a I211+I217-V NIC fails.

Drivers have been upgraded to the latest version available and multiple reinstallations with reboots din't help either. Whenever the group creation wizzard is used and a groupname (several tried), the adapters and LACP have been selected, a Windows pop-up appears to tell me group creation has failed.

However the Windows Device Manager shows a newly created "Intel Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter", so some kind of configuration seems to get done.

Using Windows 7 SP1 x64 the exact same setup worked flawlessly for months, so Win10/the driver are the likely culprit.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems and/or is this a known bug? Feedback on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Famaku

1 Solution
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

OK, lets clear a few things up. Lets start with Windows Release Basics.

Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10.0.10240), codenamed "Threshold 1"

Windows 10 Version 1511 (build 10.0.10586), codenamed "Threshold 2"

Windows 10 Anniversary Update, or Windows 10 Version 1607 (build 10.0.14393), codenamed "Redstone 1"

Windows 10 Creators Update[202] or Windows 10 Version 1703, codenamed "Redstone 2"

1) MS Windows 10 Redstone 1 is where the fix was rolled out by Microsoft was for Windows 10 Anniversary Update, or Windows 10 Version 1607 (build 10.0.14393). Versions prior to 1607 do not have the hot-fix available. Versions after 1511 are "Redstone 2" which is in Beta has not been released yet.

2) Beta releases of operating systems are not tested and validated on posted drivers on the web. If you install the v22.0.1 driver package on releases after Windows 10, version 1607 you will need to escalate any bugs directly to Microsoft.

3) All the issues I see above on these threads are related to a Beta version of Windows 10. propergol , deecol

4) Famaku , you are on Windows 10 version 10240 ("Threshold 1"). MS did not port the Hot Fix for that OS to TH1. Please upgrade to RS1

5) I don't know about this one MassimoS.. You might want to make sure that your system has all available updates from MS. If that doesn't fix the issue, then the Intel support team will need to look into it.

That's the best I can do. My recommendation is to move the request to a new thread for those systems that are RS1 that have all the correct patches installed (please verify they were successful). That way, it can be addressed as a new issue (which it will be) vs. the OS limitation that this string is about.

View solution in original post

567 Replies
JAbri
Beginner

Hello,

I have a network card l219-lm and driver version 22.1 on Windows 10

When I got a network card UNTAGGED (with gateway) and a network card TAGGED (IP V4 and V6 disable), the network does not work !!

If i disable the tagged card, it's good

whyyyy

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

Tested to upgrade to RS2 with the 22.3 driver now, and it works. It's a bit buggy (showing 412Gbps instead of 10Gbps on some virtual nics), but all in all, vlan functionality seems to work fine. Haven't tested aggregation yet.

0 Kudos
GCatt
Beginner

So, I'm still on windows 10 anniversary edition and driver 22.1. Should I upgrade to driver 22.3 first, then upgrade windows 10 to RS2? Will teaming on windows 10 anniversary edition work with driver 22.3 installed?

Thank-you.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

I ran 1607 and updated to 1703 (RS2).

I updated to 22.3 first and that worked fine with 1607.

After upgrading to 1703, all virtual nics where gone, so I had to set them up again. I got many vnics/vlans, but it's not that big of a deal.

But I would guess it means you have to set up your nic team again after upgrading.

After upgrading, it took FOREVER to open "network and sharing center", so I couldn't fix the virtual nics. So I was without network connection for a while.

I thought first that it had something to do with the driver, so I uninstalled it completely and re-installed it, but nothing changed. Not if I tried to open network and sharing center without any driver installed either.

I left the hung, half empty "network and sharing" window open when I left work. The day after it all seemed okay. Everything worked, network and sharing center was not freezing anymore, (incl. reboots). Anyhow, adding vlans seemed a quite bit slower than usual. But never the less, today I added all vlans/vnics and everything has worked fine. Except that some of the vcnis show 412 Gbps as connected speed instead of 10Gbps, but that's a bug I've seen in Intel drivers earlier, so I don't care. It's a bit early to be 100% sure, but I'm confident so far.

I would install 22.3 before upgrading, but it's not a 100% safe bet.

0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

Soooo, I'm about to update to CU today. What's is the offical word? Is it fixed or not? I'm confused?

0 Kudos
MBeut
Beginner

I am running CU build 15063.413 with driver release 22.3 and both VLAN and Teaming are working perfectly for me. I have tried teaming on my desktop and VLAN on my laptop.

0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

Yeah, I can add my adapters to the team, but the team shows disabled in the network connections properties. Both the teamed adapters are receiving traffic, but when I right click and click ENABLE on the team adapter, it doesn't enable it.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

works like a charm for me.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

Has anyone tested RC4 for fall creators update?

I believe release date is tomorrow?

0 Kudos
v_tw
Beginner

Intel ANS teaming 22.7.1 is broken in the Win 10 Fall Creators update (1709, build 16299.19).

After the upgrade the Team adapter is gone.

If you uninstall and reinstall 22.7.1, and then try to create it ends with an "Error creating Team" dialog box.

Looks like MS changed their network base install and the Intel ANS installation process can't cope with it...

I'm afraid the process from last year to wait for a fix will start again.. Unless someone has found a bright workaround.

0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

Actually, to my surprise, it's working great for me.

I'm on Windows 10E 1709 (Build 16299.19)

On-board NICs:

Intel 1219-v

Intel 1211

Screenshots / versions/ posted here, (post # 25)

0 Kudos
v_tw
Beginner

Sean, your screenshot shows Win 10 version 1703. That version worked fine for me too. In 1709 (Fall Creators update) things appear to be broken [for me]. Can you doubly confirm you're on 1709, and if so what you did to make it work.

in my case the Team I had was botched after the upgrade (TEAM adapter gone). I uninstalled Intel ANS teaming and the reinstalled it (version 22.7.1). The installation itself goes fine. The network adapters have the Teaming tab device manager, but if you try to create a team it fails - in the end you get the dialog box "error creating TEAM". I had to uninstall again and now run with Win 10 default of just one of my 3 adapters enabled (I have one 1 I218V and 2 I350-T2).

0 Kudos
ssean3
Beginner

HUH? No, I"m on 1709 Sir.

0 Kudos
v_tw
Beginner

Well, then I am curious what you did to make it work. I've tried to install/uninstall/re-install Intel Teaming now at least a dozen time on the Fall Creators 1709 update, but I cannot get it to work. The software appears to install all right, but when I try to create a Team in inevitably fails with a dialog box "Creation Team Failed". I suppose I must have something peculiar in the configuration of my system, but I sure can't find it.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

Has anybody tested b1709 with ans 22.7.1 ?

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

I just made a support case with this and got reference number 03093351.

If anybody else wants to put some pressure on intel, refer to this case on their support chat.

0 Kudos
PG9
Beginner

Also running 1709 here, I can create a Team but it remains disabled, which would appear to be Intel doing a version check and actively disabling it again. I have no choice but to run from a single NIC at the moment and wait for a new release. I'm not confident!

0 Kudos
v_tw
Beginner

I managed to get 22.7.1 to work on 1709 after umpteen attempts although I still don't understand why I got it to work. When looking at the Network Adapter properties I noticed there was still an Intel Advanced Network Services protocol option, despite having uninstalled ANS. I then went to uninstall that particular protocol option. Furthermore I realised that my attempts to install ANS were done withr my local user name account (with Administrator rights) as opposed to the Administrator account itself. For my "real" user account I have the Documents folder mapped to a network drive, and I have seen more installation programs not liking that (not Intel ANS though, as I am confident I have always installed that under my personal local account with admin privileges). In any case, I switched to the Administrator account, installed 22.7.1 and voila, it went fine, and I could create a team. So I am off to the races now.

I don't know whether others can replicate similar approaches, but 22.7.1 does not appear to be completely broken on 1709 - it looks more like some bugs in the installation process that don't quite jive with a changes 1709 networking environment.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

Good feedback.

Interesting if others experiences the same. I can't test it myself at right now, since my 1703 build is used in crucial production process at the moment.
0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

I recommend using release 22.9 when it release in the next couple of days.

0 Kudos
JAase
New Contributor I

Sweet, thank you!

Nice to hear from you again.

0 Kudos