Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

I211 LAN Not Working In Windows 10

AnnieBody
Beginner

Hi

My old motherboard died under warranty so I replaced it with an ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 Motherboard. This came with an Intel i211 LAN compared to my previous Realtek LAN.

Everything has been working but due to WiFi issues with my devices I decided to change everything from DHCP to static IP.

In Windows 10, when attempting to change the IP4 settings you get the error message:

"In order to configure TCP/IP,  you must install and enable a network adaptor card."

Now, I have followed various websites that all suggest uninstalling the device in device manager, then reinstalling, solves the issue but this doesn't work for me!

I have tried installing the Windows look up drivers as well as versions 23.0, 23.5.2 and 25.2 downloaded and installed manually but none appear to solve the problem (23.0 and 23.5.2 also don't appear to install correctly using the provided installer, it just sits at 100% and doesn't close).

Now, with no adaptor installed Windows 10 doesn't display the ethernet options at all. You have to install a device before you get the box displayed, so I have no idea why it states I have to first install a device, as without one the box won't appear to display this message!!!! Another blatantly obvious Microsoft software bug?

Does anyone know of another means of getting this device working correctly in Windows 10 or will I need to scrap the motherboard and go back to a Realtek LAN?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnnieBody
Beginner

Further:

I can't understand why the three Intel drivers listed display error code 86 for the LAN in device manager, but doesn't when the Windows update loads its own older driver.

There appears to be something very wrong with Intel LAN software.

Before I have to scrap the motherboard due to the Intel LAN not working, is anyone capable of providing any assistance?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This sounds like you have a bad motherboard. I cannot think of any other explanation. I have systems with even older PHYs (including the i210) that work just fine with the latest and greatest packages.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AnnieBody
Beginner

If it was the motherboard as you claim, then Intel need to advise why it does not work with the latest Intel drivers and why it does work when restoring previous (and much older) Windows drivers.

Also, they need to explain why the motherboard works with other software such as Ubuntu.

The problem is clearly with Intel's lack of support for this device and Windows 10 x64.

The realtek add-in card I have been forced to purchase worked first time and has given me no equivalent issues.

Alternatively, please contact ASRock and have them refund the full price for my motherboard you claim  is defective, when it is clearly the Intel driver that needs correcting.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AnnieBody,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused on your end.

Please be informed that Intel develops network components used in motherboards and network adapters sold by Original Equipment Manufactures (OEMs) such as Dell*, HP*, Gateway*, Asus, ASrock and IBM*. Network controllers that are built into the motherboard or network adapters sold by an OEM are supported by the OEM. Latest updates and technical support information should be provided by the manufacturers. 

The software drivers linked from our Intel page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, OEMs might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. 

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter.

We look forward to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AnnieBody,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you have additional questions and clarifications on this matter. If you do, please let us know for us to further assist you.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello AnnieBody,

How are you today? 

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May yo have an amazing day ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos