Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

I219-LM VLAN impossible

LionelP
Beginner

Hi,

I create a new topic cause you closed any possibility of replies on the first one.

In many computer, I can't instal PROSET and ANS utilities for an Intel I219-LM PCIe (11) chip.

3 cases :

- Deploying an image with proset installed : message from shell : "not supported" (even if it is under linux and last version of chipset)

- Using manufacturer installation : Unable to install PROSET and ANS

- Using a fresh installation from last update of Windows 10. The driver installation start, then it tell there is no Intel hardware installed on the computer...

Regards

Lionel

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lionel,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are still unable to create VLAN on your system. For us to further assist you, kindly provide the following information.

1.) How many systems are affected on this issue?

2.) What is/are the brand and models of the system? 

3.) When you mentioned 'Using manufacturer installation', can you confirm if this means that you used drivers from your board manufacturer? Can you also share what do you mean by 'Unable to install PROSET and ANS'? Do you see any error message during the installation or it's doing completely nothing? 

4.) Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Awaiting to hear from you.

I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days on case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
LionelP
Beginner

Hi,

My replies :

1. Every new computer from the manufacturer (common part is the network chipset). Something like 8 actually

2. The brand and model is Precision Tower 3640 from Dell

3. I used each. From the manufacturer and from Dell. The box wich is supposed to purpose PROSET and ANS, so, I can't install it.

4. It's done.

Hope we'll find a solution...

Regards,

Lionel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lionel,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Please allow us to further check on this matter. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
LionelP
Beginner

Ok,

I'm waiting for a reply...

Dell told me this material is incompatible with VLAN. But the same reference, last version is compatible. And this one is compatible under linux systems. I hope you will fix this as soon as possible.

Lionel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lionel,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

We found a similar issue for this one. It seems like you having the same issue as stated by other customers from the link below.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-R-Ethernet-Connection-11-I219-V-Unable-to-install-intel/td-p/1187251/page/5

Based on the SSU logs that you provided, your onboard LAN has similar ID to be included in 25.6. 

PNP Device ID:"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4C&SUBSYS_09A41028&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FE"

Here is the official communication of the issue from our engineers.

We estimate that the device IDs will be added in a future release (Likely 25.6) by the end of Q4 2020.

Specifically, we anticipate that device IDs OD4C and 0D4D will have support in Q4'2020 which will likely be Release 25.6

As a workaround you can install the drivers via Device Manager. However, you will not be able to install PROSet Software features until the device IDs are supported.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused. 

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
LionelP
Beginner

Ok.

Even if it's not a solution, it replies to my questionnements.

Waiting for your solution...

Regards,

Lionel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lionel,

Appreciate your swift response and kind understanding on this matter.

Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as SW25.6 is available for downloads.

May you have a a great day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Lionel,

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

SW driver package 25.6 is now available for downloads. Will you be able to try it out to check if it will help in fixing the issue?

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

Version: 25.6 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out via phone after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Lionel,

I hope you had a great weekend. We just want to check if you already tried the latest SW driver package 25.6.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 2 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Lionel,

Sending another follow up checking if you already tried the latest SW driver package 25.6 and if the latest driver fix the issue.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 2 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Lionel,

I am just sending another follow up to check if you already tried and tested latest SW driver package 25.6. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos