Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

I219-LM fix MAC Address

Banana999
Beginner

My PC arrived with the MAC Address for the NIC as 88:88:88:88:87:88, how do I fix it to the correct MAC Address? Is there a program like eeupdate.exe I can use for this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Banana999,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the operating system used and as well as the brand and model of the motherboard for us to check on your query.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Banana999
Beginner

Hi Criselle,

I purchased a barebones system with this NIC already installed:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32869744040.html

It's a desktop system, I am not entirely sure what the motherboard manufacturer is, as it appears to be custom to their systems, but the BIOS says that it is American Megatrends.

I have currently installed Debian Linux on it.

I've contacted the seller to see if they can provide me with a new BIOS or anything that may help, but I am still waiting for a response.

The NIC itself does work, but I'm just worried I may face some issues later on regarding the MAC Address

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Banana999,

Appreciate your quick response.

Please give us some time to check on your query. We will get back to you within 1-3 business days.

Hoping for your patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Banana999,

Thank you for the patience.

Since the Ethernet controller is embedded on a third party system, we would suggest that you continue to get in touch with your manufacturer for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. Please visit this link for Support Options for Intel® Ethernet Controllers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006628/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

Please let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications for this request.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Banana999,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you were able to request assistance from your manufacturer.

In case you need assistance form Intel Ethernet team, please let us know.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Banana999,

How are you today?

Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request since we haven't receive any reply from our previous follow up. Should you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question and we will be glad to be of help.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos