Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

I219-V wont exceed 33 Mbps upload speeds

SHerr4
Beginner

I've installed the default MSI drivers for the Intel NIC and I have Gigabit Ethernet fiber through my ISP. The downloads and uploads are symmetrical with this type of Ethernet. However, my downloads are fine, between 750 - 800 Mbps but no matter what I change or what I do my uploads are stuck between 25 - 32 mpbs. The status says it's Gigabit link speed.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Aesthler,

Thank you for the post. Have you tried upgrade newer driver from MSI for this onboard NIC? What is the exact router model used? what is the exact MSI system?

Do you have another internet connection in which you can try test if the same issue will occur?

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
SHerr4
Beginner

Yes, I have tried to upgrade from the MSI website, the On-Board LAN Drivers for my Z270 PC MATE board the latest version number is 21.1.30.0

My Router is a Netgear R6300 AC Dual Band Router Provided by my ISP which is cox and it supports the gigabit Ethernet connections. I have another lenovo PC that I had wired to the same location which speed tested at full upload speed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Aesthler,

Thank you for the information. What is the link speed configure in the advance property of I219V? Please ensure the port on the switch and NIC have the same setting, either force speed to gigabit or autonego mode.

You may check on the advance setting in the network adapter property

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005593.html

AS this is an onboard NIC on MSI* system, have you also try contacting MSI* for support http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?wapkw=oem+network

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Aesthler,

Good day. Please feel free to update me if you have contacted MSI* support and other assistance needed.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Aesthler,

Just providing some additonal information for your reference.

What is your upload speed that your ISP gave? The download/upload speed

is controlled by the ISP. There are many factors that contribute

to the upload speed such as server which you try to connect for upload,

how many hops it will go through etc)

In case you have the chance to try, you may test the transfer rate via back to back connection (this is for testing only)

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Aesthler,

Please feel free to update me. Thanks.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos