Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

I225-V (3) Linux : card filtering only self traffic on RX; setting promisc mode has not effect

MartinIvanov
Beginner

Hi,

We have the following card:

Num Description Ver.(hex) DevId S:B Status
=== ================================== ============ ===== ====== ==============
01) Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) 1.87(1.57) 15F3 00:001 Update not
I225-V

Tested with stock Ubuntu 22.04, and 18.04, kernel 5.4.0 .

linux-firmware is 1.187. 

The card is receiving only broadcast and traffic destinated to its own MAC. Setting of promisc option has not effect. This is making is unusable for network appliances.

I assume there should be a firmware or BIOS update that has to update the NIC operation.

Please help.

Martin.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello MartinIvanov,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would just like to confirm first if you are using a discreet network adapter or an embedded network controller for your I225-V that you are using. 

If you are using a discreet network adapter, please provide us a picture of the markings both front and back so we can validate if you are using a retail or an OEM kit. However if you are using an embedded network controller, can you provide us the exact model of your board. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MartinIvanov,

Good day!

This is just a follow up for the information we request so we can proceed checking your query.  

1. Driver version of your Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V

2. Brand and model of your motherboard

3. When was the issue first encountered?

4. Please share more details regarding your intended setup.

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no reply, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MartinIvanov,

I hope this message finds you well!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos