Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

I225-V (B3) slow download speeds

MikePa
Beginner

Hi folks,

I have an Asus ProArt X570-CREATOR with the notorious I225-V onboard NIC. Fortunately it appears to be the B3 revision which allegedly resolves all known issues. It's connected to a Mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S+IN on the latest SwOS and I'm using the latest Intel driver for the controller.

It can transmit at the rated ~2.5Gbps but receive throttles down to about ~1.3Gbps or so. Enabling jumbo frames seems to make the problem worse (the rest of my 10G network is set to 9K frames... or was before I started troubleshooting). I've confirmed that the cable and copper transceiver work as expected at up to ~10Gbps bidirectionally using the other onboard NIC (Marvell FastLinQ Edge 10GbE). 

I reached out to Asus support and they have no record of this issue. They asked me to send the board in for analysis, which seems a little extreme considering the sordid history of this particular controller. I was hoping to get linked to an NVM firmware update or something. Speaking of which, I get an NVM integrity failure when I run the hardware tests in PROSet. Make of that what you will. 

I've also reached out to Mikrotik and haven't yet heard back.

Has anyone else tangled with the B3 revision of this chip and seen a similar issue? 

Thank you,

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MikePa,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Asus system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, we'd like to set your expectation that we have a limited support and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

But don't worry as we will still try to provide our best effort support for this request. Please provide following details that will help with the investigation. 

1. Cable type used

2. Operating system used

3. Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the Help Guide for the Intel® System Support Utility>Intel® System Support Utility Process>Windows* process

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/ethernet-products.html

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MikePa,

Good day!

This is just a follow up for the information we requested for us to proceed checking your query. In case you have questions or clarifications, feel free to let us know.

Looking forward to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards, 

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello MikePa,

I hope you are doing good!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos