Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

I225-V Ethernet Port Speed drops 600 mbps when streaming music (shopify or itunes) and video.

Tony12
Beginner

My ethernet port speed slows down a lot when streaming any media online or by software. May I ask how I can resolve this issue?

Picture 1, Ethernet Port Speed Test without open any music streaming service.

1.png

Picture 2, Ethernet Port Speed Test with Spotify or itunes music streaming.

2.png

Picture 3, Wifi Connection Speed Test with Spotify or itunes music streaming.

3.png

Picture 4, A lot of hardware tests failed. My motherboard is ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4

4.png

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Tony12,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe I225-V or is it onboard?
  2. Is it working fine before?
  3. Can you share the link of the network driver that you are using?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Tony12
Beginner

Hi Michael ,

Thanks for your response.

1. It's an onboard network card. My motherboard is ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4

2. I just found out this issue. It's not like totally lost connection, I still got 200+ mbps and I wouldn't notice even this issue happened before.

3. Here's the link: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z690-a-gaming-wifi-d4-model/helpdesk_download/

When I play local music (mp3 file) or video (mp4 file) files, ethernet port wired connection speed drops a lot. The speed dropping issue also happens when I use spotify, iTunes and youtube on chrome.

I thought was ethernet port or controller's issue, however, I put a 2.5g ethernet port usb adapter to my desktop and this issue stays. Wifi speed doesn't drop at all when media file is played, only the wired connection speed drops.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Tony12,

Thank you for the quick reply. You might be affected by this issue, please check the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

For the NVM update, it is best to contact Asus. Onboard network cards are considered OEM units. They may have altered by the OEM manufacturer and they may have custom driver, software and firmware that should work for your network card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Tony12,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up hoping that you are now talking with Asus for further assistance. We will wait for your reply. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Tony12,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up hoping that you are now talking with Asus for further assistance since they are the best team who can assist you. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos