Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

I225-V Issues on ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

Theorem
Beginner

Hi there,

I cannot for the life of me find a firmware update that is compatible with my board in order to try and fix the constant disconnecting issues I am experiencing with this adapter. Maybe the firmware update isn't an end-all be-all anyways and I will need a different solution or RMA but I would like to try everything I can with this board first so I don't have to rip everything out of it and spend time waiting on a replacement. 

This adapter will go through fits over 30 minute intervals or so where it will constantly disconnect and reconnect rapidly. All other devices wired in my residence over ethernet are perfectly fine, and my internet is rock solid. Please advise me which avenue to explore next. I have attached a log from SSU for analysis below.

Thanks!

6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Theorem,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am sorry to hear that. Let me also check on how we can assist you regarding the issue.

1. Are you using an onboard I225-V?
  2. When did the issue started?
  3. What is your OS?
  4. Can you provide the link where you downloaded the last driver you installed?
  5. Have you tried contacting Asus for the replacement of your board?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Theorem
Beginner
  1. I am using an onboard I225-V
  2. This issue has been happening since I got the board, but it is getting worse and I am starting to become impatient with it
  3. Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
  4. Driver: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/04LAN/DRV_LAN_Intel_I225_SZ_TSD_W10_64_V1014_20200720R.zip
    Firmware:
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/04LAN/I225V_Intel_Gigabit_Ethernet_Driver_V1.0.1.4_WIN10_64-bit.zip
  5. I am in contact with ASUS and am trying to figure out why the firmware update they provided me is failing

Here is the PowerShell output when I try to install the firmware update for 1.45:

C:\Users\Francis\Downloads\I225V_Intel_Gigabit_Ethernet_Driver_V1.0.1.4_WIN10_64-bit\I225V_End_User_FW_UPDATE\I225V_End_User\win64e>echo off
Bin file to update is: .\FXVL_15F3_ASUS.bin
Making sure QV driver is installed..
[uninstall.bat] Removing iQVW Driver - SUCCESS
Press any key to continue . . .

###############
NEXT SCREEN
###############

You attempted to downgrade the driver. Use the install script's /dg parameter to downgrade the driver.
To Exit,
Press any key to continue . . .
Inventory of devices:

Unable to load the driver. Please close all other applications and try again
OS layer initialization failed.
.....Updating.....

Unable to load the driver. Please close all other applications and try again
OS layer initialization failed.
The regular expression pattern .\FXVL_15F3_ASUS.bin is not valid.
At line:1 char:1
+ (gc config_i225.txt) -replace '.\FXVL_15F3_ASUS.bin','NVM_VERSION' | ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (.\FXVL_15F3_ASUS.bin:String) [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidRegularExpression

PS C:\Users\Francis\Downloads\I225V_Intel_Gigabit_Ethernet_Driver_V1.0.1.4_WIN10_64-bit\I225V_End_User_FW_UPDATE\I225V_End_User\win64e>

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Theorem,

I am sorry to hear that and upon reviewing the links that you provided, it is best to contact them and let them guide you in updating the firmware of your network card since it embedded on their board.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ViZiouS
Beginner

Hello, I'm having the same issue with that motherboard, I even performed a clean install of the operating system. Then I tried reversing the network LAN driver version from Computer Management, Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V , next step I restarted the computer and the driver that remained was one of 04.2020. I tested all my games and applications and no more disconnection problems.

On the other hand if you want to have the I225-V driver updated, I am trying this solution, check if it works for you:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Theorem,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you already tried contacting Asus on how to update the firmware.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Hello ViZiouS,

Thank you for your input and we are glad that the solution in the link was able to help you with your problems.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Theorem,

I am just sending another follow up to check if you are now talking to Asus regarding the issue. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos