Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I225-V Packet losses after Windows update

Hello,

Couple days ago I had two automatic driver updates to Windows 10/64 bit:

Intel - Net - 1.0.2.6

Intel - Net - 12.19.0.16

Since then I have got lots of packet losses from my Ethernet controller (I225-V). A good example to show is my ten minute run on PingPlotter:

https://share.pingplotter.com/3TmuwHqoam6

Needless to say, the PC use suffers quite much from this. I seem to be getting "Not connected" messages from nearly every server. Online gaming is also impossible at the moment.

After the update I have turned off (unplugged from power) all the devices in my network chain, my switch and fiber modem. Nothing has helped.

I have an Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING motherboard.

Where should I start searching for the solution to my problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Finally someone else with this problem, thank you for your post! 

Iam struggling with the same issue since the v1.2.0.6 driver update and and I have tried next to everything to a solution. I have two systems: system 1 with a asus b550-e mainboard/amd ryzen 5900x cpu and system 2 with a asus b550-e mainboard/amd ryzen 3600 cpu. Both systems are running with default/stock settings, newest bios and a fresh installed windows 10 pro - both systems had massive packet loss during gaming (unplayable) since the "Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (2) I225-V" v1.2.06 driver-update forced by Windows 10. Driver v1.0.1.4 worked perfectly. The funny thing is, browsing and desktop usage is okay - maybe it depends on cpu load, iam not sure. Very strange and annoying behavior. Unfortunately I can't see which firmware is installed, because I have no idea where to look at. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same problem. Everything was working fine, then Windows 10 forced a network driver update to 1.0.2.6 and my connection now just drops randomly throughout the day. It's like the network card shuts down and restarts itself (network icon shows nothing connected for a couple of seconds)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Turning EEE or Powermanagement settings off doesnt help - i still have the same issues.

@Zlac : which motherboard do you have? packet loss too or just random disconnects? have tried using the old driver to confirm its not your internet connection?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

@6kbyte  ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F. I installed the older 1.0.0.13 driver again and no issues so far. Now to figure out how to stop Windows from randomly updating the driver...

Don't know about packet loss, have just noticed the random disconnects all day until I downgraded driver and everything seems fine again. My other devices have not had any problems so it's not my connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Same Motherboard, same issue. It is for sure this driver update, whenever I reinstall the old driver it works flawless again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I can confirm from my side too that the driver rollback seems to cure the problem.  Therefore, we just need to wait for a better driver then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

A statement from intel would be nice!

0 Kudos