Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

I225-v Network issues

Matt7
Beginner

I'm having network issues with my I225-V after updating to the 1.0.2.6 driver. If I roll back to a previous driver, it appears to resolve the issue for a short while but pops up again after a few weeks. I expect to be seeing gigabit internet speeds and with the 1.0.2.6 driver I'm seeing a max of 130 down. all other causes have been tested and show no issues. attached is my System Support Utility Log.

6 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Matt7,

Thank you for posting on our Intel® Ethernet Communities page.

Thank you providing those logs.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Matt7,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

While we were closely checking your concern, the following question came to mind and their corresponding answers could lead us to the best recommendation for your issue.

1. Since the network adapter is built-in, the best driver to use for these systems is the one that came from your manufacturer. Have you already checked with them if they have released an up-to-date driver for the card?

2. Your issue fits the symptoms listed on this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html. On that page, it was instructed that you need to update the firmware to version 1.45. Firmware for built-in network adapters are only distributed by the respective system manufacturers of your board. Please check with them if they have such firmware.

Consequently, we went ahead and searched the motherboard model’s support site; unfortunately, it did not have the firmware and the most updated driver was released last August. For that reason, we strongly suggest for you to get in touch with Asus to ask if they can lead you to download links for those items.

We look forward to your reply. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
leylimley
Novice

@AlfredoS_Intel How to update NVM to 1.45? What is NVM anyway? There is no instruction for that...

I'm having the same issue. My network drops constantly and I tried everything but nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I
Daily push for visibility!

Same with me, i'm on the latest nvm and did everything your support page provides. Even stepping down to 1gb full duplex doesn't give a reliable connection. Stepping b2 is broken as well. Where is the post gone where you wrote about talking to the engineers? Why's there no statement on problems with the said controller? Even if staying with old drivers and crippled ethernet speeds lightens the problem there is still one, thousand of users suffer from.
Why did you release stepping b3 if above mentioned "fix" would work?
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Matt7,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to carry out the recommendations that we have provided.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Matt7, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos