Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

I225-v (v2) Adapter Crashes

wuv
Beginner

Hi there, i'm running into an issue with my newly built PC.

The motherboard in question is the: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING.

It has the I225-V 2.5Gb Adapter which seemingly goes out when high amounts of packets are being sent from my games. I first noticed it when I was trying to host a Minecraft server for a friend. Now when I play other games it can happen randomly.

The basic process of what happens is the outbound packets absolutely stop--I freeze to my friends and my voice over Discord ceases to be received by them. During this time I can still hear them loud and clear & even see updates in game as to their position and actions. Then the internet goes out-- My Ethernet adapter in Windows says "Disabled" and Enabling it does nothing it just says 'enabled' and stays disabled. 

If this happens while I have the Intel PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility open I can run a "Hardware Test" and it will make my adapter come back available & internet will be restored--But there's a catch: My download speed from now on until I restart my PC entirely is capped at 100mbps. 

Is this anything that can be fixed with software/bios settings/voodoo magic? Do I need to get a RMA for my brand new motherboard for a computer I built less than a month ago? Is the solution getting ASUS to send me a new MOBO that doesn't have V2 of this adapter?

Oh and i'm using driver version 1.0.2.8 which to my knowledge is the most up to date driver available for this particular component.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello wuv,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before answering your questions, let me try to check the following details.

1. What is your OS and the version of it?
  2. Please provide the link of the latest driver that you are using.
  3. Have you tried talking to Asus about the issue?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello wuv,

Upon checking, you are already using the latest generic driver from Intel and still you are having some issues.

At this point, it is better to coordinate the issue with your board manufacturer and if they tell you that other boards

don't have this issue, you may ask for replacement for this board for a faulty onboard network card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello wuv,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you already tried coordinating the issue to the manufacturer of your board.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
OlegD
Novice

Hi, Michael.

I belive you are know about this issue

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

But this solution is not solve network connection drops.

This is hardware issue in I225-v with no software solution.

This is a great fail for Intel and partners!!!

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello wuv,

I just want to make a follow up if you already tried contacting the manufacturer of the board for further assistance

Hello OlegD,

Yes, we are aware about it and the steps in the link are confirmed fix on the issue.

If you have other questions, please open a new thread.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos