Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5116 Discussions

I226-V Connection Issues after Boot

DuffBeer
Beginner

I have a NUC13VYKi5 here with an I226-V adapter. After every - say - 5th boot (not exactly, just trying to say it happens from time to time), the adapter is connecting, but not establishing an actual connection to transfer data. This means: The lights on the NUC adapter are blinking, the switch says there is a link, but no data is being transmitted and the OS says there is no link, as no IP was assigned. The DHCP server doesn't see any DHCP requests from the I226-V. Rebooting (including pulled power for 5 minutes) does not fix this. Pulling the ethernet cable and replugging it does fix the situation.

Additional details:

• The issue is OS-independent. It happens with Win11 pro as well as with debian 12. If the issue is there, it persists over boots, including boots into different OSes. The fix (pulling and replugging the cable) also works under both OSes. (Drivers installed: rev04 in debian, 2.1.3.3 in Win11)
  • I have changed the ethernet cable, no difference. Both tested ethernet cables work fine with other devices here.
  • I have changed the port on the switch it is connected to (Netgear GS810EMX), no difference. 9 other devices are plugged into the switch with 1G and 10G connection. No other device has this issue.
  • Energy saving is disabled on the router.
  • IPv6 is disabled on the OSes.
  • Even though the OSes show a connection at 1G, I tried to lock the driver at 1G. No difference.
  • Latest firmware is installed. 

As there are days between occurrences of this issue, tracking this down is a bit long in the tooth. But I'd appreciate any hint on what I could try the next time this issue pops up. (Last time was just now.)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dineshbabu
Employee

Hello DuffBeer,

Thank you for posting in Intel community.

Please allow us some time to review the details and we will get back with an update shortly.

Regards,

Dinesh S

0 Kudos
Dineshbabu
Employee

Hello DuffBeer,

Please confirm if the adapter embedded on NUC.

Please confirm if you are getting any error, if yes, please share the screenshot of the error.

Regards,

Dinesh S

0 Kudos
DuffBeer
Beginner

Hi Dinesh, yes this is about the embedded adapter. No error message, neither on Win11 nor on Debian. Just no network connectivity and (thus) only the self-assigned IP. 

0 Kudos
Dineshbabu
Employee

Hello DuffBeer,

Since the adapter is embedded with NUC, we request that you get in touch with ASUS for further assistance, as Technical and Warranty Support for Intel’s NUC 7 through NUC 13 Systems has transitioned to ASUS as of January 16, 2024.

Regards, 

Dinesh S.

0 Kudos