Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

I350: Device ID 1521 is sometimes 151F / lanconfw64e: c86a2017 - "IOCTL to driver failed"

GSmol
Beginner

Dear Intel Community,

in our industrial measurement device, we have designed an embedded Ethernet card based on 3 chips of I350 (NH1350AM2) dual 1G Ethernet interfaces each card.

We have at last 6 I350 chips in each measurement device, which provide 12 Ethernet interfaces for fast video data transfer to the embedded PC-Module.

Some times, at last every 20 or 50 power cycle, the i350 losses its configuration data, and its Device-ID changes from 1521 to 151F.

The Device-ID change affects each time to both Ethernet Interfaces at the same i350 chip.

We have an EEPROM as configuration storage device connected to the i350.

The entire PCI structure in the system looks then like this:

Once, the I350 has changed its ID to 151F, I could read out the EEPROM Raw-Data by the lanconfw64e.exe, and it was look like in the next picture:

After few reboots, the lanconfw64e shows the correct Device-ID on both Ethernet interfaces at the same i350 chip:

During this try, I can see that the EEPROM is readable, and not corrupted.

My question is, if someone has already the same problem with Intel wired Ethernet chips, what could be the cause of this and how to avoid it ?

Additionally if the chips are configured correctly during the boot-up, I can not read the EEPROM data on every Dev-Id 1521 interfaces, getting the following error message from lanconfw64e:

So that is my second question ,what could be the cause of this error message, and how can I fix it ?

I would be very glad if someone could help me to loose this problems.

Best regards.

GregorS.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi GregorS,

Thank you for the post. I will check and update you if there is any finding.

Rgds

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi GregorS,

Good day. Further checking, you need to post your inquiry to

http://embedded.communities.intel.com/ embedded.communities.intel.com for them to better assist on your concern.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos