Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

I350T4V2BLK

TeresaM
Beginner

How do I quickly see the difference between Genuine and Counterfeit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello TeresaM,

Thank you for sending the clear photo that we requested. Actually, Yotta you can run the validity if your unit has Mark or Brady and if your unit don't have any of those sticker is a big sign that it is an OEM unit.

I run the markings from your unit in out database and I found out that this is an OEM unit from Dell. Meaning, for technical and warranty assistance, you need to contact Dell.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello TeresaM,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Did you purchase a new I350T4V2BLK?
  2. If yes, can you send some photos of the unit on both sides for us to help you validate the unit?
  3. When and Where did you purchase the network card?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
TeresaM
Beginner

Yes, I was told they were "new" 

Thank you so much for looking

TeresaM_0-1664895732156.jpeg

TeresaM_1-1664895747242.jpegTeresaM_2-1664895759877.jpeg

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello TeresaM,

Thank you for the quick update. However, we really apologize because the markings are hard to read. even if I zoom on the photos, I cannot read the markings for me to validate it.

Kindly send photos of the unit with clear and readable markings for us to validate it.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
TeresaM
Beginner

I am hoping these are better?

TeresaM_0-1664979597152.jpeg

TeresaM_1-1664979613470.jpeg

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello TeresaM,

Thank you for the update and I am really sorry, I still cannot read the markings on the pictures that you sent even if I zoom in on the stickers. Kindly send an HD copy of the picture focusing on the markings of the unit.

You can also validate the markings by using the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007060/ethernet-products.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007074/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-adapters-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
TeresaM
Beginner

Thank you so much, I will try the links.

0 Kudos
TeresaM
Beginner

Hello Michael,

I looked through the links but wasn't able to establish authenticity. The boards I have (qty 20) do not have the Yotta Mark or Brady ID labels. Is there a site where I can enter a serial number or MAC address off the board to verify its authenticity? 

Here also is a better picture of the ones I sent earlier, I hope this helps

TeresaM_0-1665089972082.pngTeresaM_1-1665089980220.png

TeresaM_2-1665090000772.png

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello TeresaM,

Thank you for sending the clear photo that we requested. Actually, Yotta you can run the validity if your unit has Mark or Brady and if your unit don't have any of those sticker is a big sign that it is an OEM unit.

I run the markings from your unit in out database and I found out that this is an OEM unit from Dell. Meaning, for technical and warranty assistance, you need to contact Dell.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

TeresaM
Beginner

Thank you, sadly I was mis-lead in my purchase. Again, thank you your input will be of great value going forward in my purchases of this product.

0 Kudos