Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

IEEE 1588 Hardware Timestamping and i225-IT

WRooke
Beginner

Hi,

I have recently tried to use IEEE 1588 PTP with hardware timestamping on a system with an Intel i225-IT, but could not get it to work.

Does the i225-IT support IEEE1588 hardware timestamping? If so, how can it be achieved?

The system is using Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, Linux kernel v5.15.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello WRooke,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using a PCIe i225-IT or is it embedded on the board?
  2. What is the brand and model of your motherboard/system?
  3. Are you using your own driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
WRooke
Beginner

Hi Michael,

1. I am unsure of this as the system is supplied to us as a ComExpress computer-on-module, however I can ask the manufacturer if this detail is required

2. The computer-on-module is a Congatec TC-570.

3. No, we will use the driver that is part of the released Linux kernel.

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WRooke,

Thank you for the quick reply. Let me gather more details for us to better understand the issue.

1. What is your OS?
  2. Why do you need to setup the hardware timestamp?
  3. Please help generate the SSU logs of your system. Kindly download and choose the utility for your OS below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?ws=idsa-default#q=ssu&sort=relevancy&f:@tabfilter=[Downloads]

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
WRooke
Beginner

Hi Michael,

1. Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, Linux kernel v5.15

2. Customer requirement

3. I shall generate the SSU logs when I have access to the system, as it is currently under repair.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WRooke,

Thank you for the update. I will wait for your next reply with the SSU logs for us to further check this issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WRooke,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the SSU logs that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello WRooke,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos