Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

INTELLAN.mib trouble

VBrus
Beginner

I've installed the driver PRO2K3XP_32 on HP Proliant ML350 Win 2003 Server, but the Intellan tree 1.3.6.1.4.1.343 is empty. How may I show the SNMP Lan Status?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Valerio_B,

I understand that you are having problem with showing the SNMP LAN status.

Regarding this, first I will need you to tell me the model of the Intel ® product you own, this is so that we can re-direct your thread to the right support area or to have more information about the issue that we are currently facing.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Sorry I forget to tell that the networks board are two Intel I350 - T2

Valerio B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Valerio_B,

Thank you for your response,

I have moved this case to the appropriate support team, they will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Just to double check when you installed the Windows 2003 driver PRO2K3XP_32, did you

enable the Intel Network Connection SNMP agent in the Setup Option.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Yes Sharon, I did, and I've re- installed more the one time the intel drivers.

I've installed fifty win 2003 server machines in last 10 years, initially using the intel pro 100/1000 network adapter and more recently the I 350T2 (sometime the i350-T4) and this is the first time with this kind of trouble. I don't understand what is the mistake, but the server in his SNMP profile don't want to show the intellan MIB.

Also on the HP server Proliant ML 350 I've installed the last HP release available by HPE support for the Server Menagement (SNMP Agents and other tools) that allow to populate the MIB machine profile (Hd status, Power supply status, cpu temperature etc etc). Everything is ok except the Intel MIb profile. The server have other two HP network port on main board, could it introduce some driver conflict on the SNMP driver part?

Thank you

Valerio B.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Thank you for the information. Please help further check on the following:

As mentioned you have 2 HP* sever with network port, do you get the snmp information from the HP server? Or do they have the same issue of no information captured in the MIB?

Please also refer to the SNMP error in the system Event log" information in README file at https://downloadmirror.intel.com/18719/eng/readme.txt https://downloadmirror.intel.com/18719/eng/readme.txt for the error and fix, check if this is applicable in your case.

Feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

I've read the document but it doesn't contain any help for the issue.

In Server system event view I don't find any fault reference concerning the Network Adapter I350 or SNMP functions. The Server is Ok, the Networks present perfect functionality (by the Intel drivers I also define a Team Group by the union of two I350 Port and the network group is ok) but simply the MIB Intel lan profile is still absent (.234).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Thank you for the information. What I would like to clarify is that you mentioned "the server has other two HP network port on main board", are you able to obtain MIB information for the two onboard NIC on the board? Does this issue happen only on the I350 network card? Is the I350 standalone network card you can plug in and pull out or is it also an onboard NIC? Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

the Intel I350 boards are on PCI slot (are plugged in). The other two Network ports are integrated on the motherboard and I look their SNMP OID in the (horrible) MIB HP tree.

Normally I use to read the Lan status of the Intel LAN I350 adapter by the Intel OID Mibs. But the driver installation doesn't load the Intel Lan MIB Proifile.

I don't understand where is the mistake, which kind of nonsense I've done.

I inform you that I've opened a thread on HPE Online Help but they told me:

• Informed that we would not have MIB for third party monitoring tool and suggested to contact the vendor
  • Informed about the HPE SIM and HPE one view
  • Suggested to log a case with HPESC

A great help (?)

In the past I simply detested SNMP, now I begin to hate him.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Thank you for the information. Based on what you share, can you confirm it is only after you installed the Intel driver for I350-t2 that you are not able to load the Intel LAN MIB profile?

Can you clarify this statement "Normally I use to read the Lan status of the Intel LAN I350 adapter by the Intel OID Mib,. But the driver installation doesn't load the Intel Lan MIB Proifile. " are you saying you are able to view the MIB file before for i350? If that is the case what was the driver installed for i350-T2 before.

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Sorry there is a misunderstanding

I read the mib Intel ONLY after the Intel driver installation. In the past I use to install the Intel driver and, after that, I found the entire MIB Intel in the SNMP Server Machine.

The strange of this case is the absence of Intel LAN MIBs AFTER the driver installation.

I'd like to have access to the Intel MIBs because they are good for the diagnostic that I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Thank you for the clarification. We will further check on this.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Please be informed that HP* is still the best support you can seek assistance regarding the SNMP MIB file. You might want to try the generic OID, we used to have user whose SNMP functionality issue was resolved by using generic OID (ifOperStatus) instead of Intel's (OID343). You may share this information to HP* in case you might find it helpful to your issue.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Please feel free to update me if you have contacted HP* support and if further assistance needed?

Thanks,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel

0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Sorry Sharon,

I was out for business.

The ifTable doesn't contain all the info that I'm looking for. I've two ports in teaming but the IfTable (OperStatus) shows only the Teaming network status without any info about the status of the two team member.

0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

I've send an inquire to HP and they answered that thirty parts (Intel Network adapter) aren't under their control and to refer directly to the specific manufacturer (Intel). And here I am.

I understand that no one have had a problem like mine. Misfortune.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

I am sorry to hear what happen and hope below information could be of some help, you might want to give this a try:

1) Download the last supported Windows 2003 driver version 18.3 at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22999/Ethernet-Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack

2) Install the Intel SNMP agent (From PROSet)

3) Install the INTELLAN.mib contained in the driver set. .Look into the contents of 18.3 there is an INTELLAN.mib file under 18_3_CD\APPS\SNMP\MIB

4) Run appropriate command to see the information.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Thank you Sharon for your effort

I've tried more than 5 time to reinstall the Intel Drivers (and Intel SNMP agent too) without results; I've repeat the operations using your link but it is the same: the MIB Intellan.1.3.6.1.4.1.343 is still empty.

I suppose that exist a kind of incompatibility by the old Win2003 Server and the new IntelNetwork I350 drivers. I cannot find a different explication.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Thank you for the update and I am sorry to hear what happened. Please provide the ethernet controller (or network adapter) you used before that works properly with the SNMP capture on the HP server in Windows 2003.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

in the past I used the Intel Pro100/1000 dual ports adapter. They were great on Win 2003 server and offer a sturdy team configurations that allow to know

- the operative status of each team member

- the status UP/DW of each team member

- the status of Stand By and Active of each team member a smart detail useful for a rich diagnostic.

During the time I've started to use the new Intel 350T2 sill on Win 2003 server without problem installing the proper drivers PRO2K3XP_32.exe (rel 18.3.02.0) only losing the info of "status of Stand By and Active of each team member" (a affordable little damage) . So, for me this is the first time with this kind of trouble.

Now I've controlled in real time another server configuration on a HP Proliant G6 that mount a couple of Intel I350-T2, drivers PRO2K3XP_32.exe (rel 18.3.02.0) on Win 2003 SE R2 Sp1 - identical to my trouble target - and the mib .1.3.6.1.4.343 is present!

Now I've uninstalled and reinstalled the same drivers on this unfortunate Server but nothing to do: the mib .1.3.6.1.4.343 is still absent.

OFF TOPIC ------

Recently we switched on new Win 2012 and at last win 2016 server and I've noticed of the new teaming managed via SO. It's weak GIMME BACK THE INTEL DRIVERS!!!! But this is another unpleasant story

0 Kudos