Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4872 Discussions

INTELLAN.mib trouble

VBrus
Beginner

I've installed the driver PRO2K3XP_32 on HP Proliant ML350 Win 2003 Server, but the Intellan tree 1.3.6.1.4.1.343 is empty. How may I show the SNMP Lan Status?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
VBrus
Beginner

Sorry a mistake

the Intel drivers version is 18.3.62.0 on both the servers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Thank you for the information. You mentioned another same server as the target HP server works well with MIB present, can you try:

1) Can you compare the configuration on the same server

2) Are you using the same unit of I350-T2 which you tested on the working server to test on the HP (target trouble server)?

Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Hi Sharon, I resolved.

I've made a rollback in Intel Drivers. Fortunately an old server of mine is in the society warehouse.

I've the good habit to save in Documents the driver installations files, so I recovered them. It was a 2012's file (time fades away...)

So:

uninstalled the PRO2K3XP_32.exe (18.3.62.0) and installed the PROWIN32.EXE (16.8.46.0).

After a reboot the Intel mib is finally COMPLETE!!!!!

Now I'm starting to compare the two servers side by side. I suppose existing a kind of incompatibility in the last HP Update (drivers) an your last drivers

I update you as soon as possible

Thank you

0 Kudos
VBrus
Beginner

Ok, this is the situation:

two identical (old) server HP Proliant ML350 G6, both with SO Win 2003 Server SE SP1,

both the server are updated to last release of HP ProLiant Support Pack Windows Server 2003 (released in march 2011 and still available)

both the server are equipped with a couple of PCI Network Adapter Intel I350-T2 (dual Port)

The first server run with Intel drivers for Network adapters PROWIN32.EXE rel. 16.8.46.0 (2012)

Intel SNMP MIB tree .1.3.6.1.4.1.343 is populated

The second server run with Intel drivers for Network adapters PRO2K3XP_32.exe rel. 18.3.62.0 (2014) Note: is the same driver contained in 18_3_CD

Intel SNMP MIB tree .1.3.6.1.4.1.343 is NON PRESENT

Only after a Intel driver downgrade to rel. 16.8.46.0 also the second Server start to show the intel MIB profile.

Conclusion

a) there is some trouble in SNMP 18_3 rel.Intel drivers

b) if you have to rebuild an old server be sure to dispose of ALL old driver files

I hope that this topic can be useful to somebody else.

Thank you Sharon for your patience.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Valerio_B,

Thank you for sharing the solution and I am glad the issue is resolved. I am sure this information will be beneficial to others in case they have the same issue.

Appreciate your patience on this matter as well.

Regards,

Sharon T

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel

0 Kudos