Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

IPV6 web browsing issue with NUC (NUC10i7FNB) and Ethernet Connection (10) I219-V

JMcDe4
Beginner

Hi

I am having issues with connectivity in different browsers when IPV6 is enabled in my router. I have also used a Realtek USB-C device which works perfectly with IPV6, which means it is not my router most likely. Youtube for example is stop start, some pages don't load until I refresh and t

When I disable IPV6 in the router, I have no issues.

I have tried speed-testing using Fast.com and this works perfectly with IPV6 and my USB-C network, but when I use the onboard ethernet, it is an extremely intermittent and slow connection. Disabling IPV6 the onboard ethernet is perfect. 

I am using the latest driver for the ethernet.

Hope someone can help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

I am just sending another follow up to check if you still have clarifications regarding this thread. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, I need to gather the following details:

1. Are you having problem with the wireless connection?
  2. How about wired connection from your NUC to your router?
  3. What is the brand and model of your laptop?
  4. Can you share the website where you downloaded your driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
JMcDe4
Beginner

Hi Michael

It is an Intel NUC NUC10i7FNB. the issue is with the Ethernet Connection when IPV6 is enabled.

The driver was obtained via the Intel Driver & Support Asistant.

I have posted the SSU text file on this post

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-I225-V-on-Asus-Z490-with-IPv6/m-p/1226863#M22392

0 Kudos
JMcDe4
Beginner

I just realised I did not have the ethernet connected through the I219-V when I ran the test - have uploaded this now.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

Thank you for the update. Let me still gather more information about the issue.

1. Are you having issues on wired or wireless connection or both? Please further explain your connection.
  2. Have you tried updating the BIOS of the NUC?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
JMcDe4
Beginner

Thanks - just the wired connection when using IPV6.

the BIOS is up to date according to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

Can you also share more information about the issue? Can you share the screenshot of the settings and the speed test?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
JMcDe4
Beginner

I actually bought a new router and this seems to have fixed the problem. I will be interested to find out what the root cause is though.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

Thank you for the update and I am glad that the issue is fixed. Since the cause of the issue is external or outside the system, that means that the possible cause of the issue is either compatibility issue or settings on our old router. This also tell us that there is no issue with NUC and its network connectivity. The best option is to contact the manufacturer of your old router to understand the issue better.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

I just want to check if you already tried contacting the manufacturer of the router to check the cause of the issue?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
JMcDe4
Beginner

Hi Michael - no I haven't - the modem is about 4 years old and probably not compatible with the most modern device such as in this NUC.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

Yes, that is possible since your new router is working fine with your NUC. Having said that, do you still have questions?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

I just want to make a follow up to check if you still have clarifications regarding this thread?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JMcDe4,

I am just sending another follow up to check if you still have clarifications regarding this thread. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos