Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

IPv6 multicast flood during sleep from i219-LM

ybb
Novice

I have a Problem with the I219-LM network interfaces, when the Machines going to sleep.

They massivly flood the Network with ICMPv6 Multicast Listener Report.

I tried the latest Driver, but nothing changed.

Model number:ProDesk 600 G5 SFF

Computer maker:HP

Driver:12.18.9.11 Rev.P

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

I hope you are having a good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
92 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

We will continue checking this issue with our engineers. Rest assured that we will send an update as soon as we've heard from them but no later than 2-4 business days. If in case you received reply from HP support team, feel free to let us know.

We highly appreciate your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
RogerA
Beginner

I wonder if this is the new connected standby feature - where the system sleeps but the network adapter stays alive. That would be a test for Intel to make - I'm sure well beyond a user to do. I had to go through some contortions in gpedit to turn off connected standby as the latest versions of windows 10 have remove a checkbox to do so. As the user states, HP and Microsoft wont respond to us non premier support uses any more and only Intel can work on our behalf.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

We sincerely apologize for the delay on this matter.

While we are still checking this issue for you, can you please confirm that you are already using the latest driver from the link below?

Latest drivers from HP are located here.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-prodesk-600-g5-small-form-factor-pc/27090292

We look forward to your reply.

We will reach out after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

Good day!

Please let us know if you have read our previous message. If you do, kindly provide the additional information we requested.

Should you have any additional questions, feel free to ask and we will be glad to help.

Awaiting to hear from you.

Should there be no response, we will reach out after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

How are you today? 

Can you please confirm that you are already using the latest driver from the link below for us to continue checking on this matter?

Latest drivers from HP are located here.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-prodesk-600-g5-small-form-factor-pc/27090292

Should there be no response after 3 business days, please be informed that we will proceed closing this request.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

I hope you're doing great!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ybb
Novice

It has been several months since the first posting, but we have not yet received any survey results from your company.
If the your company survey results are not available, there is nothing we can do about it.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

Good day!

Can you please confirm if you already tried the latest driver from HP? Have you also received any feedback from them? We will still try our best effort support to continue assisting you.

"https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-prodesk-600-g5-small-form-factor-pc/27090292

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

I hope you are doing great!

Can you please confirm if you already tried the latest driver from HP? Have you also received any feedback from them? Once we get your confirmation, we will escalate this to our higher level as we are giving our best effort support to continue assisting you.

"https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-prodesk-600-g5-small-form-factor-pc/27090292

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear form you.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ybb
Novice

I am sorry for the late reply.
HP Support has not contacted me.

I have not tried the HP driver provided.
This is because I updated it to the latest driver of your company
at the suggestion of your company before, but it was not improved.
This is because the HP driver release notes do not contain the issue,
and you may find that unnecessarily updating with several drivers is
a hindrance to finding the cause.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

No problem at all.

I will let our higher level be informed that you still don't received any response from HP support. While we are on this process, can you share if you will be able to try out the driver from HP since this is also one of the suggestions from our engineers? This is to check if there is any incompatibilities from Intel generic driver on your HP system.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear form you.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

Good day!

Please be informed that I have escalated this request to our engineers and it is currently under investigation. We will provide an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-4 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ybb
Novice

The first time the problem occurred, an HP driver was used.
Later in this thread I was asked to change to the latest
Intel generic driver, which did not solve the problem.
Unnecessary updates using multiple drivers may prevent
you from finding the cause.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

I hope you are doing good!

We'd like to inform you that this request is still under investigation by our engineers. Rest assured that we are doing our best to sort this out as soon as possible. We hope you don't mind giving us more time in conducting the investigation. We will provide an update as soon as we heard from them but no later than 2-4 business days.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience that this have caused on your end.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

Good day!

Will you be able to capture wireshark log and attach on this thread? This is an information requested by our engineers and we hope you don't mind sharing it with us as this will help in further checking your request.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ybb
Novice

I have already attached the wireshark log for the previous answer.
When I see this kind of inquiry, I am worried if they check the reply carefully and investigate.

I attach the same wireshark log as before.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

Thank you for the reply.

I apologize if I asked for the same information. Please allow us to continue check this with our engineers. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 3-5 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

Good day!

Please be informed that this request is still under investigation. We will provide an update as soon as possible but no later than 3-5 business days.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and we appreciate your kind understanding!

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

I hope you are doing great!

This is just an update to let you know that we are still checking this issue. We will get back to you once we've heard form our engineers but no later than 3-5 business days.

Have an amazing weekend ahead!

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ybb,

Thank you for sharing the link for our reference. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our engineering team. We will give you another update within 3-5 business days. 

Hello JDavenwall,

I am sorry to hear that you are having the same issue.

Can you provide the exact model of your motherboard and exact version of Ubuntu?

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ybb and JDavenwall,

I hope this message finds you well.

We hope you don't mind sharing wireshark trace. This information was requested by our engineering team that will help with the investigation. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 2 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos