Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

IPv6 multicast flood during sleep from i219-LM

ybb
Novice

I have a Problem with the I219-LM network interfaces, when the Machines going to sleep.

They massivly flood the Network with ICMPv6 Multicast Listener Report.

I tried the latest Driver, but nothing changed.

Model number:ProDesk 600 G5 SFF

Computer maker:HP

Driver:12.18.9.11 Rev.P

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

I hope you are having a good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
92 Replies
ybb
Novice

What kind of wireshark trace do you want?
Is it different from the one I attached a little while ago?

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ybb,

Thank you for the prompt reply and we apologize for not being precise with the information requested.

Please allow us to share your feedback with our engineers. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 1-3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

Good day!

What we need is the Wireshark trace with .cap file. Please refer to the link below for an example: 

https://www.howtogeek.com/104278/how-to-use-wireshark-to-capture-filter-and-inspect-packets/

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

How are you doing? 

We'd like to follow up the Wireshark trace with .cap file that we requested. In case you need more time in gathering the details, please let us know so that we can revert accordingly.

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

We will make a follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ybb,

I hope you are having a good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ybb
Novice

Attach wireshark trace.

0 Kudos
ybb
Novice

Attach wireshark trace.

0 Kudos
TuomasRFIN
Beginner

Hello all,

we have also encountered this problem that HP Prodesk 600 G3 devices with Intel I219-LM network adapter are causing broadcast storms randomly around network. The only solution we have found is to disable the network port on a switch for a few minutes and after bringing it back this problem usually does not reappear on that machine.

We can see the traffic caused by I219-LM adapter as "Non unicast traffic" in the network and the packet amount is always 4020 packets per second which causes cpu load on several switches and also a "small" amount of network traffic (around 2-10Mbps).

Do any of you have any solution to this? Could disabling ipv6 on TCP/IP adapter on Windows 10 solve this or do we need to do other procedures?

0 Kudos
JDavenwall
Beginner

Hello, this problem with my NIC was resolved on Ubuntu with driver update:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/14611/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-pcie-intel-gigabit-ethernet-network-connections-under-linux.html

Can't comment on Windows 10 configuration. Good luck.

0 Kudos