Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Install Intel i219-lm revision 11 in Centos 7

Jorgie
Beginner

We got new Dell desktops with Intel i219-LM nics on revision 11. Centos 7 supports up to revision 9. I tried downloading https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/ and created a rpm from the file. Tried installing it on my Centos 7.9 machine and still not seeing the nic Any help creating a driver that works for Centos 7.9 would be amazing. Also, I cannot move to Centos 8 which has native support for it at this moment. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Jorgie,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an embedded or onboard i219-LM?
  2. If you are using a PCIe card, can you send photos of the card focusing on the markings?
  3. Have you tried checking if the Dell system supports the Centos 7.9 and if they have a network driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jorgie
Beginner

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. It is an embedded NIC on a Dell Precision 3440 Small Form Factor Desktop. Dell's website only shows Redhat 8.2 support and this is why I was hoping to get a driver directly from Intel and create a new Initrd.img file for with the correct driver so we don't have multiple paperweights. 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Jorgie,

Thank you for the clarification. Since the network card is embedded, it will follow the supported OS of the board.

It is best to coordinate the issue with Dell to check if they have a driver tested on your OS. You may also try requesting a driver on the link below:

https://sourceforge.net/p/e1000/feature-requests/

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Jorgie,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you already tried contacting the manufacturer of your board regarding the issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Jorgie,

I am just sending another follow up to check if you are now talking to Dell regarding the issue. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos