Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Integrate network drivers into Windows 7 installation

MStol5
Beginner

Hello,

I've tried to integrate the network drivers (Intel Network Adapter Driver 20.0) into a Windows 7 installer using NTLite. When I install this image and Windows tries to boot I get an error message that the file e1c63x64.sys was not found. I also tried to install the driver from the device manager (on a Windows 8.1 machine) and it didn't find a driver (I have extracted the driver files into a directory and selected the root of this directory in the update driver dialog ("Update Driver..." -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> Select root directory of folder where files were extracted and select "Include subfolders").

So it looks like the .inf installation method is not supported for this driver. Can anybody tell me why this is the case?

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VincentT_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Martin,

looking at the e1c63x64.inf, the e1c63x64.sys is included, please share the model of your Intel(R) network adapter so we can further check on this one. Have you tried to run the installer file on the Win8.1 machine and see if it will proceed with the installation? another method is to try the setupBD.exe found in the extracted folders (usual path = apps\setup\setupbd\win64)

regards,

vince

0 Kudos
OLewi
Beginner

Did you try using 3rd party driver update tool? It will start an automatic detection of all drivers and find the updates and problems then update or fix them quickly and easily.

If needed, use totally free tool http://www.drivethelife.com/ DriveTheLife for a try.

0 Kudos