Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Intel 1219-V sleep causing server disconnect

Dea1
Beginner

I am having a similar issue, I too have SSU results from 2 PCs that are having the same issue. Both are Dell Optiplex 5070 on Win 10 1909 with Intel 1219-v. The first PC, Karen, we have disabled sleep and power save functions. The second PC ,Jo, we have updated the bios, turned off power save options, updated the nic driver to the latest, set speed and duplex to 100M and half, adjusted UAC to mid, changed the PCI link from Max to off. After all this, we still have server communication errors for one of our programs, it disconnects from the server . Setting the PC to ping the server keeps the connection up and prevents sleep. What can you see with the test results?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Dea1,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

Upon checking the SSU, your i219-V are both on-board so here are my recommendations on the issue the you reported.

1. You may try our generic driver and check if this driver will help with the connection: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?wapkw=i219-V
  2. Since the network cards are both on-board or embedded. Kindly contact the manufacturer of the board which is Dell for further support. The network cards are embedded on their board so they are the best team to talk to regarding the BIOS settings, appropriate drivers and even NVM firmware update.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Dea1,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you tried our driver and also would like to check if you already tried contacting the manufacturer of the board.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Dea1,

I am just sending another follow up tp check if you tried contacting the manufacturer of the board for further assistance. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos