Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Intel 1219 ethernet did not work woke up from sleep

文何
Novice

I am using Gigabyte H170-H3DP motherboard with i5-6500 cpu, when the computer woke up from sleep, the intel 1219-V(2) ethernet card did't work, and changed to 10Mbps, could not receive any packet,until the next restart of the OS.

Using Win10 (Version1511) X64 with the latest update and Intel Network Adapter Driver V21.0 installed.

I tried to disable the power saving of the ethernet card, however it didn't work.

9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi marco_hwt,

Thank you for the post. Have you tried using the customized driver from Gigabyte board as this is an onboard NIC.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
文何
Novice

Already changed to the driver from Gigabyte (seem to be using Intel version 20.7), it was also the same.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Marco_hwt,

Have you tried upgrading the board BIOS?

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
文何
Novice

Already using the latest version of BIOS (Ver.F4)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Marco_hwt,

Please check in the BIOS for any related power management setting.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
文何
Novice

This is the power management screenshot of my BIOS setting. Please review.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Marco_hwt,

Thank you for the information. I can see the Platform power management is disabled, please enable this option and run a test to see if this make any difference. I would suggest you to contact Gigabyte* support as this is onboard NIC which integrated on the system, the board vendor knows the overall BIOS and platform setting better. Here is the website concerning support for OEM onboard NIC:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000006628.html?wapkw=oem+network

rgds,

wb
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Marco_htw,

Have you tried the suggestion and please update if the issue is fix?

thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Marco_hwt,

Good day. Please feel free to contact Gigabyte support regarding WOL documentation for their system.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos